1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members feel left out of EC because of their Race

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chamber of Life, Mar 4, 2008.

?

What race of guys or girls you're attracted to?

1. Attracted to any race

85 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Attracted to one race and one race only

17 vote(s)
    8.4%
  3. It depends

101 vote(s)
    49.8%
  1. Jerr

Um... what? Lay off drugs. They are no bueno.

If Mr. Effron was homogay, I don't care what his breath smelled of... they make things to kill off certain senses... Looks are more important then that...

How about you explain what you mean... because I see jibberish...

2. Bader

Bader Guest

Eventually looks will fade.... if looks will fade then why go first for looks? isn't personality what really matters?

What if your soulmate not so good-looking ? then what? you wont consider him JUST because of his look?

I think personality outweights looks, and its nothing but a shell.

3. Jerr

Has your perception of how one looks ever changed? Even if they haven't?

Personality can sway your opinion on the way someone looks.

Also, whether or not you admit it... you first become interested in someone because of their looks and that like 2 second glimpse into the possible future if you two were together.

4. Bader

Bader Guest

Wouldn't that make you shallow?

5. Jerr

Wouldn't it make me shallow to turn down hottieness because of breath? Breath can be fixed and if not fixed then vapor rub up the nose is PLENTY good at killing the smell or chloroseptic (sp) in the mouth to kill taste. lol

6. Chamber of Life

At first I thought looks were important. So..... I liked this guy because he looked very hot and when we hung out and start seeing each other, his personality sucked.

I know all good looking guys personality dont sucked but his did.

So I was friends with this one guy for about two months and I wasnt attracted to him, he was cut but not my type. As weeks begin to pass he became good looking to me bacause his personality was AWSOME! So I say I dont judge off of looks because of this reason.

7. Brett

Um....yeah...Alex......not to be getting defensive, (as is, infortunately, my nature) but I do NOT "freak out" around Black people.......I simply feel uncumfortable due to bad childhood memories. And as I said before, this is one of my more major character flaws. I don't even like to talk about it, let alone have it picked at by someone.
    But more objectively, you seem to be getting very defensive over this topic. I understand that maybe you relate to the subject, but honestly, that is not enough motive to be so......rude to the other posters. As my mom always says, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

#87 Brett, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  8. sexyalex

lol no dear. me? defensive? u must got me all wrong. i am no where near defensive i am just stating a point. i have nothing to be defensive about. and i am sorry but i am just being honest and i am not being rude to other posters. in fact, everything i say has truth in it and i honestly don't see how it could be offensive....
    ....not unless....

hey brett, with all due respect to your mother but did she also tell you the part where "the truth hurts". listen i totally understand what u are saying and it's not ur fault but i used the word "freak" loosely and i meant it from the second party point of view. if u could see it that way....

9. sexyalex

what about people who meet over phone....internet....throw friends...do they take futuristic looks too? pffft!

look, idk how looks came in to being in love all i was saying is that u can't judge who u will be with by race; because u might always be attracted to indian guys all ur life and tell people ur only attracted to indian guys and one day an asian comes by and wipes u off ur feet. that's all. basically.

and just to think u were the better one? :dry: people are so misunderstanding me i might as well just leave the subject.

10. Brett

Ok then........to avoid a conflict here I think I'll just let this convo die....

11. acorn7

I don't know, I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to. For me, race is irrelevant, at least consciously.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am bordering on closing this tread as it seems to be getting a bit heated. Please everyone, remain calm and accept that others may have different opinions to you.

13. Jerr

Back to the topic which I don't believe I commented on because well... I didn't feel like it...

I've never personally shunned anyone on EC because of their race... I have because of over use of the word "bra." *shivers* But as for race, no. lol

I don't go out of my way to talk to anyone... I'll respond to every message... The only time I did actually go out of my way (that I can remember) was to tell a guy who was upset with me to edit his post because I thought he was going to get in trouble if a mod/admin saw it. Other then that... meh. lol

14. JSG

JSG Guest

Well I always liked you, your posts and your pics :icon_bigg

--

I think both looks and personality are important for love, I kinda dated this incredibly hot half-black guy, but he was such a loser !
    I met my bf just a few weeks ago on the net and apart from a few bad pics I didn't really know what he looked like but we our personality's are so similar, we're MEANT to be together and he's actually pretty hot :grin: (just, not on pics.. :confused:).

15. Davey

i'm attracted to who i'm attracted to.
    race is one of the last things i ever think about...if i think about it at all!

so if anyone out feels left out i kind of know how you feel...but mine's more of a weight thing....so i guess its a little different.

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well I mean on EC I've only felt left out because I wasn't the dominant white on the site but it was like.... .5% of all the time I've been here. I'm attracted to all sorts of guys but some guys just do not .....fancy my tastes. For example Middle Eastern men, Latinos, and white guys melt me.....some black guys too not all. But that is just preference. I wouldn't look at a black guy and say oh no I can't like you. For me the thing I would say I do judge and I'm a prejudist I guess about is their ability to hold my interest and make me laugh. If the guy can't make me laugh or make me smile and keep me interested no matter how hot he is I would never go for it.

17. Étoile

I'm personally attracted to all races. I've had white crushes, black crushes, latino crushes, asian crushes. You name a race, I've had at least one crush on someone from it.:lol: Not saying that race is the only reason I've been attracted to certain people, it's just that they've all been different races.

I feel all races have something that makes them beautiful-physically, mentally, and emotionally. I feel that love is love and for me, race doesn't play a factor in that.

I just wish society was ready for interracial attraction and relationships.:icon_sad:

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think the only time it shows is in the photo posting threads.

I have never seen any signs of people receiving different or lesser responses in other threads due to their race. The last thing I think about when replying to a thread is the race (or age) of the poster, as it's usually irrelevant.

19. JWAD

JWAD Guest

As far as I'm concerned the race of the person doesn't change my attraction to them, if I like them I like them for who they are not what and as far as physical attraction goes it depends on so many other things than race

20. Tim

Tim

I'm attracted to people of all races, but I do have a weird attraction to asian guys... Don't know what it is >_< So yes, I'm attracted to all races, but I have a stronger attraction to asian guys. XD

I'm 50% german, and about 45% native american, which a lot of people don't know, as I don't look very german (whatever that means), and I definately don't look native american, I've actually had a friend stop talking to me when they learned I was native american :/