1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet two of my gay geek idols, the most cute too!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LullabyNY, Sep 26, 2023.

1. LullabyNY

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know how many of you are nerd. I mean you don't need to be nerd, but if you aren't nerd you could miss a big part of why they are my idols.
    They are Eric Allmam (the CEO of Sendmail, part of Internet Hall of Fame), one of the developer of modern mail who said "There is some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing that it's basically impossible to send a piece of hate mail through the Internet without its being touched by a gay program. That's kind of funny." and Marshall Kirk McKusick (a name that I will never remember, here he recomands to not learning Sendmail) who is one of the main developer of BSD that is the last Unix based in this world (since Linux is Minix) and the one who gote the copyright for the cute daemon (fun fuct: both Apple and PlayStation are based on it).
    When they aren't working, when Kirk isn't doing the teacher at the university (Berkeley? If you got him as teacher please tell him he is my idol!) and when Allman isn't running his company they are helping gay youngs with their sexuality's issues.
    Thay had meet each other at university and initially Kirk didn't cope with his sexuality, was Allman the one who did the first approach, then after a rap session at Berkeley then they did a lot of interviews where they were pessimistic in lgbtq+ rights (unluckly the Web Archive link looks gone, I've got the pdf) in the USA and 'adopted' their nephew growing them as their own kids, the gay marriage became legal and after 30 years they got married. Kirk also lost a job for U.S Air Force after his coming out.
    They are my idols, for several motivation including how much they are doing for the gay community, but some are merely nerd motivations.
    I hope you'll enjoy this as much I do, they are really monsters...two genius and the fact that the fate made this two being married is also absurd.