1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meditation

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CrimsonThunder, Dec 14, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation

Every now and then I do a little bit of meditation to take my mind of stuff, usually when I can't get to sleep because I have so much stuff to think about, and it wipes it all from my mind.

I'm just wondering if anyone here does it and has some good techniques. I kinda learnt it at school and what I do is just lay there in my bed and slowly let each body part go to sleep. then i just concentrait on breathing in and out and usually think of something like a beach or just a tree blowing in the wind. It is very very relaxing and will make me smile and feel great no matter how pissed off i am at something or someone.

Also does anyone know any good music to listen to when I do this?

I suggest this to alot of people that get depressed often or have insomnia, it may help!!

Thanks. =]

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Meditation is wonderful although I don't do it nearly enough! I have to do it in the morning because otherwise I'm asleep! I find I often get in a meditative state while walking early in the morning. I get home and realize that I don't remember a thing about my walk.

3. CrimsonThunder

lol becky. It is very calming. You should watch out though, could easily get hit by a car.

I just found this website with lots of music on it, all free. http://download.meditation.org.au/meditationmusic.asp

Not sure how good they are because I haven't listned to any yet.

#3 CrimsonThunder, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I almost did the other day! No kidding, this car pulled out from a side street and veered over into the bike path where I was walking. It I hadn't been paying attention and jumped out of the way, they would of got me. I think THEY were meditating while driving!

5. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't tend to meditate, however as an amateur hypnotist I often help people enter the relaxed state that is associated with both meditation and hypnosis. My method is often very similar to your method, I help them relax their entire body, then focus their mind on a relaxing experience.

6. Kimi

I don't do meditation that's because I usually stay till I smash my head on my desk:eek:

I've got a CD from my mom's friend who is a singer(german) and it's really relaxing music but I find it difficult to go sleep while listen to the music somehow...

Piano musics worded well for me tho:slight_smile:

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer use essances, they work and my bro used to listen to the sea music where you hear oceans and all that it realli works :slight_smile:

8. InaRut

I like doing it cross legged...and I visualize an energy moving in a figure out 8 around my legs...

Wierd..I know haha

9. panda

Jon Kabat-Zinn has written several books on "Mindful Meditation" plus there's CD's available with guided meditations.
    It all starts with paying attention to your breathing.
    I've found them at the Library.