1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medication

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yeahyeah2, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you think I’m going to take medication for most of my life? I thought it was going to be a year tops but I’m still taking it. I still feel anxious in certain situations, still feeling sad and worthless at moments and I’m still a loser. So, should I just accept the fact that my life kinda sucks?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't say how old you are now. Very often, people grow out of mental health issues that emerge in childhood or teen years. You can also discuss with your psychologist or therapist ways to work on whatever issues you are on medication for that can help you toward the goal of getting off of medication. There are a lot of techniques and skill building you can do in that regard.

3. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you find that the medication is needed then thats OK. Don't come off it without medical supervision and support. Have a good doctor to discuss ongoing treatment with. If you want to alter your medication dosage or to change the type of medication then do talk it over with your doctor because you can find the best way by working together. If you need medication for a number of years or for life, so what. Don't worry about it.