1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and my Colo-Rectal Surgeon

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Dec 10, 2014.

1. tscott

Glad your procedure went well and the results were negative. Still think you're a bit off not getting the sedation, but chacun son gout. No, please don't send me the DVD. I can't imagine it's much different than my own.

What's gotten into you? Modeling for art class, colonoscopies without sedation. I don't even want to think about what may be taking place in your bedroom. LOL.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

what's next? modelling while getting a colonoscopy, with no sedation! Maybe for an impressionist art class? Now that takes self confidence. :eusa_clap

3. BlueSky224

Wildside,
    How big is the art market for impressionist colonoscopic works? I have to see if Sotheby's or Christie's is planning a "showing" of some of these canvases.

I like the idea of an impressionist colonoscopy oil painting in my living room. It would be so much fun to traumatise guests by telling them what it is.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could claim that such a painting was an undiscovered Degas... :grin:

5. BlueSky224

Next to my other two undiscovered Degas paintings? That seems excessive. I'm starting to worry about insuring the colonoscopic impressionist paintings. I'll wait until after the weekend and put in a call to Sotheby's and Christies.

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

and perhaps the surgeon could be made to look like Bullwinkle. the title could be "watch me pull a rabbit out..."

7. scub

personally, from what i've been told by most physicians is after the age of 50 it is pointless to have colon "work" done (if you have already been checked out at an earlier age) because even if you do develop say a tumor or whatever, it takes years and years for that to form and by time you'd likely be dead from old age anyway. there have been studies that actually getting your shit checked out can cause more harm than good including having surgery..

it's actually false to wait to get checked at age 40-50. there have been people who have died by age 30 from colon tumor cancer, it's not 1970 anymore.. my doctor said to check early (around 30 yrs old) and if everything works out ok then i should be fine for the rest of life and that colon cancer mostly is dependent on diet. poor diet, smoking, alcohol , and eating processed foods are the primarily causes of colon disease. it makes total sense as what you put in your mouth can effect you as it goes down your ass (to put in bluntly).

#67 scub, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  8. Theron

I would like to point out you are never too young to be subjected to any of these. I have a friend who had a precancerous polyp removed when she was four, found only because it was completely impacting her colon. She unfortunately has very vivid memories of it because it was so traumatic and has to get a colonoscopy every year. All of the cutting they did left her with scar tissue that is even more fragile that the tissue in there usually is, so she's had hemorrhoid surgery and had surgery to have fissures repaired twice before the age of 30.

It is important to know your typical colon health even if you are not 50 and if something seems critically wrong (extreme pain, many days without a bowel movement), please don't ever let, "I'm not old enough for a problem" be a reason to not go see your doctor.

You are never too young for cancer. I've heard of babies being diagnosed in utero with cancer. o_o;

9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A little off topic, but I present this piece on a prostate biopsy.

The author, Chris Crutcher, is a Washington novelist known for his Young Adult novels.

Stotan Unplugged: Biopsy Biography

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG that sounds awfully painful! "Stotan!!" indeed!

11. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One word: "Sedation".

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another two would be: anal-gesia :grin: and prophylactic antibiotics. There is evidence of increasingly difficult-to-treat infections that result from this procedure. There are also better techniques that could reduce the number of biopsy pokes from about 12 or more, to only 2 (using MRI to better find the focus of any possible tumour).