1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe identifying yourself is very hard.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Marierose, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Marierose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had the chance to talk sincerely with my two sisters about my sexual identity. The eldest was disgusted and doesn't want me to be bi. The second one says I can be attracted but without any relationship. The second also believes that I am not serious because long time ago I strongly disagree to homosexuality, and promise that I will not be like them. But it was long time ago, and my perception differs from now. But there's also one thing that had strike me - she said "I think you are not (Bi) because you are telling us that right now and your feelings will not last because you have expressed it to us. It's like being depressed, once you open up, you will be relieved and you will forget it. I answered back, "Maybe, yes but it's real." "Then you have to control it." She said. "How I wish, that was easy to do" I replied.
    What do you think is it a temporary feeling? I know that if you know to yourself what you are, then, you don't need to ask. But I was a little bit confused, it's just when I was very sure of how I feel and now I felt twisted. And can you control your gayness?

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Identifying your sexual orientation can be difficult.
    It took me a long time to be honest with myself about who I was attracted to.
    All I can say is to ignore other people's opinions forget about putting a 'label' on yourself and follow your heart.
    Your heart will give you the answer.

Marierose and mask1985 like this.
  3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are right Marierose, if you know yourself for who you are, it will not just pop like a balloon when you tell somebody. Your sister is wrong, but maybe she is just thinking about how gay people face discrimination, and wishes that wouldn't happen to you.

MBM4K54 and Marierose like this.