1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe I should just give up

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BMC77, May 20, 2014.

1. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Based on this and other posts: We need a gay, introvert, non-hookup app which has features that empower introverts like us to feel safe and welcome in meeting each other socially. Or "Gay Introverts Night" at the local museum, gallery, coffee shop, etc. Or, "Gay Introverts Walk/Hike." Or...

Meanwhile, don't give up. Celebrate the positive, try not to dwell too much on the negative. I share your struggle, but I keep trying bit by bit.

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be nice.

Although I personally wouldn't be insistent on introvert only. I'd just like a place to meet LGBT people where the expectation isn't a hookup.

I also wish there were better real world support options. The nearest LGBT center I know of in my area has groups for (apparently) everything except the average gay man. And the one day I visited they couldn't get rid of me fast enough. So much for their line about being the first step for many LGBT people coming out.

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 06:20 PM ----------

As I think of all this, I have started wondering if I shouldn't just shelve any goal of meeting gay men. Maybe in a year or two there will be some local option that doesn't exist now.

Being realistic, for friends, it really doesn't matter if a person is LGBT or not. And it's not like I'm really marketable yet for a relationship. Not until I have better self esteem. Better cash flow. Etc. Etc. Etc.