1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May have accidentally given my crush a hint that I have feelings for them

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknown18, Feb 5, 2018.

1. unknown18

My crush who doesn't know I have a crush noticed I was feeling down lately, and to be perfectly honest with you, this was because I have been starting to come to the realisation that what I want to happen with me and him can never happen, because I'm now 80% sure he's not gay. So this is a guy that already knows a lot about me already;
    He found out I was gay, by doing an ''accidental" search through my browser history, he was the first one to find out about my social phobia, and well, he will always try and find out what's wrong with me if I ever look down.

Today when we happened to be alone together he asked me what was wrong. He kept on going at it, trying to get the tiniest hint to give him a suggestion of what was up. I kept on telling him that I couldn't tell him, and he kept on telling me 'what's the worst that it could be', and eventually I ended up trying to give him a very, very subtle hint by saying 'I'll tell you when we leave school', he responded with 'at the end of the last year of school?' and I said yes.

What I want to know from you guys is whether you would consider this to be a hint to him or just something that will go right past him, after all, what other reason would a person have to delay a fact till the end of school other than to tell them they have a crush on them? Or am I just being paranoid?

#1 unknown18, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not really a hint, you seem pretty paranoid. However, I'm sure that he has some idea and he also sounds very supportive of you, so it would probably be better if you just got it off your back and told him.

3. unknown18

I
    I don't know how to do it without it being awkward though? It's actually been affecting my mood really quite badly and I'd definitely like to get it off my chest I just don't want there to be any chance of ruining our friendship.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just tell him when you are alone and do not have a prolonged time where you are stuck together afterwards. As long as you do not say "I'm in love with you." I sincerely doubt he will be significantly upset, though he may seem slightly uncomfortable at first.

#4 Humbly Me, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018