1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maturbation and gym

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by fragomatrick, May 3, 2010.

1. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I typed the above the above title in google and it told me I would go blind if I did it! So, I am sort of upset with it as of now! Anyway, is masturbation connected to body building? My trainer told me that I should masturbate once a week, if I want to build a good physique.... IF YES, THEN I AM QUITTING IT RIGHT NOW... MY GYM, NOT MASTURBATION ! so, please if anyone can help me out, I would be grateful .... (also, i would know the body builders here, so I would have someone to stalk !) (!)

2. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Masturbation will not make you jacked.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds utterly ridiculous, and I'd consider it unprofessional for a personal trainer at a gym to be talking about masturbation habits with clients. I don't think there's any correlation whatsoever between masturbation and muscular development and toning.

Also, your question isn't clear... is he suggesting you mastubate no more than once a week, no less than once a week, or what? And did he give any basis for what he's saying? More I think about it the guy sounds like a creeper.

4. Corny

Corny Guest

The only connection that I could make would be testosterone levels. Not sure if masturbating influences them ... maybe it was a bad attempt at a joke, or he really is a creep ..

5. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never thought he was being creepy! I wonder why, when he clearly was!
    Anyway..... thank you so much fro your replies, though....

6. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you sure he didn't mean ONLY once per week??

7. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Shoot, dude. You are 19. I think this guy is WAY over the line and is being a complete creep. He may have made the stmt to ck your reaction and to break the ice on further sex talk, and maybe action. RUN LIKE HELL, unless, of course, you think he's cute, attractive, honorable, and within a few years of your own age. Sorry to offer advise; with it and $5 you can get a really good drink at Starbux. Good Luck. Cheers.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he meant you should masturbate AT LEAST once a week? For prostate health? I'm reaching here.

Lex

9. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use your judgement on it. If there's even the slightest further movement toward sexual talk, I would go directly to the club manager (not an assistant manager or manager of the trainiers) and report the experience because the more I think about it, it just seems really inappropriate and could really upset someone else that doesn't have a community like this to discuss it.

On the other hand... as Seadog said, if you find him cute, relatively close to your age, and would be willing for something else to happen... then you can wait and see. But definitely over the line in my book.

10. Bryan90

By any chance (no scientific support), will the following be viable:

Frequent masturbation -> extra need for protein to build sperms -> less protein for muscle building

11. Khobra

Khobra Guest

The only good thing I've ever experience jacking off after working out is that it's a much better release. I don't know why, but to me, it feels better to jack off after working out

Not sure about this whole better physique thing, though

12. KaraBulut

I'm not sure why a trainer has an interest in your masturbation habits, but...

The thing with masturbation is that it is healthy if you're not having sex with another person on a regular basis. And in the case of men, staying on a regular schedule will help maintain good reproductive health and reduce problems with things like prostatitis.

On the other hand, masturbating too much or in stop-start cycles will make your prostate rebel. Try to stay on a regular and reasonable schedule and your prostate will be much happier.

Masturbation doesn't affect your workouts for the better or for the worst.

13. starfish

While the story in the OP is really odd, testosterone does play an important role in building muscle. Testosterone also effects your sex drive, so if the levels get too low your sex drive drops.

My trainer is pretty good about asking about my sex drive without being too direct. He'll ask if I see any good looking guys or if I see anyone I like. It took me a while to figure out what he was doing. Usually he asks when I start to get burned out or if my progress a starts to slow. Basically it is a good indicator that that I am training too hard and need to back off a little, or modify my diet.

Then again he also asks me about all of my other bodily functions.

I do think you should consider switching to another trainer. Communication between you and your trainer is very important. You need to be comfortable communicating with him or her, and it sounds like you are not. Unless your trainer is a total douche, they should be ok with switching you to someone else.

14. rubyface

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any chance he was just being a really crappy comic by saying that? XD

I could see how that could be a cardio rutine, but not something to get you jacked. Wanna get ripped, DO A WORKOUT! Get a 7 or 10 kg weight and use that. I mean, I am not in the GREAST shape, BUT! I can proudly say I have lost a LOT of weight. I was once a 200 lbs man, now 165ish, I plan a little mussle gain from here.

Tis all

<3 Ruby

15. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you all for your suggestions ... i have changed my trainer... I have demanded another one now... I hope this one is not as prurient!

16. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good call, i think. It would probably, if you feel comfortable doing so, be important to tell the general manager *why* you requested the change. Other people may have had the same issue or even worse, but until someone lets management know, the problem will continue to go on.

Of course it's not your place to solve the world's problems but if you do feel comfortable, it might help someeone else who is less self confident than you are :slight_smile:

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he was hot i bet nobody would find it creepy! ;o

18. Emberstone

your testosterone levels apperently drop when you climax, which heck, is the point of masterbation, is it not?

honestly, you should masterbate on a off day if you have to, so that your testosterone is not dropping before or in the hours after your finish working out, so your hormonal levels in your body are good when your working out, or in the early stages of recovery.

19. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Again, Thanks for your comments......!

20. otc877

otc877 Guest

I've read an article (I tried to find it, but coudln't) about blocking the ejaculation by pressing against your perineum with your thumb just as you reach orgasm. Supposedly the semen gets reabsorbed into your body and you re-use the nutrients.

The point of the article was that you lose so much protein and other vital nutrients through ejaculating that it's more beneficial to block it. Maybe your trainer was talking about the high content of protein in sperm.