1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married man at a crossroads

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CraigS, Aug 24, 2006.

1. CraigS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, it is great to have found this site.
    I am "one of those". I am a married man at a crossroads. I won't bore you all with the details. My story is just like all the ones I have read already. I have always known that I am gay. The problem for me is cliche.
    The crossroads is I am 37 years old and I need to come out to my wife. Honestly, I am really feeling a sense of ambivalence and confusion. HELP?

2. LorenzG1950

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi Craig,

You have a tremendous challenge ahead of you and probably need to involve a marriage counselor. The odds are not good for sustaining the marriage once you have come out to your wife. If you're ready to accept that then you have to be ready for all the consequences of a possible divorce. Think that out carefully before you jump off of the cliff:eusa_doh:

Lorenz

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Introduce yourself

This is totally worthy of being its own thread. Actually, I was kinda thinking we should have an introduction subforum, where everyone's new intros could be separate threads, and then when people introduce themselves and mention stuff they want to talk about, it wouldn't end up taking over the introduction thread.

But hmmn... uh... well there's nothing much to be confused about, I don't think. Fearful, sure, and ambivalent, definitely. But boiling it all down, it's just a matter of telling her in the most respectful way possible. And probably as soon as possible. You didn't mention anything about how your particular marriage works (or doesn't) so it's kinda hard to give anything resembling specific advice.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree, so I have split it off to this new thread.
    I'll raise that in the mods section, but lets not discuss it in this thread.