1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male masturbation and orgasm question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chase8, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Chase8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried finding an answer to this question online, but a lot health forums seems to point to erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation, which I'm fairly certain is not my case. I have no real issue maintaining an erection and mostly have no issues with ejaculation.

Recently, I've noticed that when I'm very anxious, I'm able to ejaculate or orgasm while still flaccid. I'm not sure how this is possible and it has happened several times at this point. I've also noticed that I tend to strongly tense a perineum muscle when I'm masturbating while anxious. Even though I can't obtain an erection, I can orgasm quite quickly although it tends not be as intense as an orgasm when erect.

I've read that anxiety can cause weak erections and delayed orgasms, but in my case its weak erection and fast orgasm. What is the physiological process for obtaining an erection vs orgasm? I know that erection is caused by arousal which is mostly in the head, but how about orgasm? Is that in the head as well or is that from stimulation?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are your toilet habits like? Are your bowel movements easy and regular and do you manage to pee without difficulty? How would you describe your weight? Do you ever get back pain without any obvious reason? I only ask these questions in consideration of possible issues with your pelvic floor, which may explain some of the issues you describe with a weak erection and fast/premature ejaculation.

To understand whether or not this might be an issue, you would need to consult a doctor, but I am aware that pelvic floor problems in men can cause erectile and ejaculation problems. If there is a weakness in this area it could explain a few things, but please don't constitute this as a medical opinion. It's based purely on what I have heard and read and would need a medical diagnosis which we cannot offer here.

Edit: after reading another thread created by you @Chase8, I wonder if this was just a build up of horniness, related to OCD issues, rather than anything of a medical nature.

#2 PatrickUK, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021