1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Malaysian airlines flight has gone missing with 229 people on board.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also think the plane needs to be found. I'm surprised that a trajectory to the west of Australia was not figured out and disclosed sooner. I was discussing this with someone. We agreed that the governments and intelligence probably know more than they are letting on.

I was, and still am, sort of worried about a stealth landing. I think that sort of thing could be prolonged and a real problem for the passengers' physical and mental health. I also think that, if these people saw the plane do a 180 and keep flying over water, the situation inside the aircraft must have been extremely stressful and chaotic, and that the passengers' agony was prolonged. That saddens me.

I want the answers too, and I also want closure. I think everyone is sort of weary from this event and wants closure as well.

2. Amerigo

i still can't get over the fact that they lost it in the first place

3. BornAnew

So new developments that happened in the past day or so:

- The Plane was flying faster than aniticipated so they reckon it ran out of fuel faster.
    - So the search area has been moved further north west.

*on British radio they said Malaysian authorities said the new area is close to an island so there can be some small hope for finding survivors.

I think it's ridiculous for the authorities to be saying something like that, especially after they said "all hope is lost for finding survivors" just a few days ago, that too by text message to all those devastated relatives!

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's wake this up.

No one has posted anything on this for 2 weeks.

How do they know it's in the Indian Ocean west of Perth, Australia? They haven't told us that. They're spending a lot of resources to look there.

Yesterday, I read, for the first time, that only someone highly knowledgeable of the 777 can turn off its tracking. This is starting to sound like an inside job, with possibly the captain and someone technically trained and authorized involved. There is now talk of a desperate cell phone call by the co-pilot and it sounds like he was probably not involved. He was also relatively "green."

Has anyone NOT ruled out the possibility of a stealth landing or some kind of duplicitous thing like a decoy, or is that more sophisticated than what most think really went on? That is, an inside job by the pilot, the deliberate going off course, fighting in the cockpit, unrest in the cabin, and either a deliberate nose dive or running out of fuel.

How much fuel was in this 777 anyway and how far could it go? When it made the turn, the news also showed a possible trajectory toward Afghanistan. Both of the lines they drew on the map, either to Afghanistan, or thereabouts, or in the Indian Ocean off Perth, are about the same distance.

The most important thing is getting answers for (1) the families and friends of those on board, and (2) finding out what happened for security reasons. If I was a family member, I would be assuming the worst and begin the grieving process. I'm not trying to be cold, just realistic. The other thing is, if there is a crash in the ocean, then there should be SOME debris floating as there was with the Air France plane from Rio to Paris.

Lately, this has even gotten weirder in my mind.

5. teluphone

can't believe it's been a month and we are still left with even more question marks

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last thing I recall hearing about this was "pings" from this so-called "black box" was last picked up in the Indian Ocean and it narrowed down the search area to 100 km so they're looking in the right area. But it's almost out of battery life so eventually if they can't pinpoint a narrow enough area, they'll be guessing and checking.

7. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe the government can track down nearly everything that happens in the world,and they lost a PLANE with 300 people on it.

planes,which have so many devices to be connected to airports at all times,etc...

Something weird is happening, and I think someone doesn't want us to know...

I hate conspiracy theories but come on...10 governments looking for it with state of the art technology and they don't even know if the plane was hijacked?

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, this crosses my mind at times. I wish it didn't.

Yet they found Air France 447 rather quickly. Go figure.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the plane has been secreted away and was or is currently at Diego Garcia. Once a conspiracy theory is officially, specifically denied by the US government, I'm inclined to believe it.

10. Stingray

Stingray Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    teluphone, you're over there in Singapore. What do you hear? What do you think happened? Do have any faith in the Malaysian government or media?

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My cousin was telling me all about how they said on Facebook that it had been found. It was a photoshopped picture of a Boeing 737, not a 777, which was the equipment actually used for that flight.

12. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

That is so ridiculous it defies words as to just how ridiculous it is.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM ----------

Not the first time we've had a hard time finding a plane that went down over open water.
    There are coverage blackout zones.
    I severely doubt that.

There was one plane (I forget which) that took several months on concentrated searching to find. Deep, open water is, well, deep and open, and we do most underwater searching by sonar, which is incredibly ineffective in a deep water search for a stationary object.

#72 Necromancer, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking about this YouTube I once saw. I found it. When a crash over water occurs, the parts are strewn over quite an area. Some parts will be large and some will be small. I find it hard to believe that some, because of their shape or other properties, would not float for quite a while. I believe that AF 447's parts floated for quite a while.

Check out this video. This was a deliberate diversion of an Ethiopian plane, a Boeing 767, that ran out of fuel as the hijackers were attempting to commandeer it to *guess where* Australia.

Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 - YouTube

It was amazing that there were survivors. The force with which it struck and the plane broke apart is mind boggling.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the plane went down in a particularly deep part of the ocean and will be difficult or impossible to find. Accidents happen, and the ocean is vast, and largely unexplored.

Also, I think all the $$$ being spent looking could be put to better use. Yes, everyone wants closure, but so do the many thousands in war torn and poverty stricken parts of the world where death, dissenters vanishing, kidnapping and human trafficking are rampant.

I just don't see why finding the dead bodies of those on an airplane is somehow so much more important than so many other things we could so much more easily address. The plane crashed; they died. The bodies have probably decayed, and the parts of the plane could be all over.

The one positive thing: At least the media has stopped giving this 24/7 coverage. Maybe I sound crabby, but I think way too much focus was placed on this.

#74 HuskyPup, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  15. starfish

The search is not about closure for the families, that that is an important side benefit. It is about understanding what happened, so that it can be prevented from happening again.