1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Gay Friends Now That I’m Out...why is it so hard?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by JaymzR1968, Sep 21, 2019.

1. JaymzR1968

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks!
    Good to hear, and I’m of the same mind regarding the social group of older gay men (I’ll refrain from actually saying the images that pop into my head when thinking about attending one).
    I have made just a couple gay friends lately, they are mostly several years younger than me and I get the sense that they view me as sort of a cool uncle or something like that, but you are right that the established guys who have been out for a while come with a group of friends already intact.

I just feel uncomfortable at the bars these days...really never have, but maybe it’s time I give certain ones another chance. After all it is football season and Monday night football can be fun.

I do make it clear, regarding hookups, that I’m not interested in that right now. I try to be polite. But you are right - that seems to sometimes present them with what they see as a challenge and try even harder. Maybe I should throw on a wedding ring LOL

Have a good night.