1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Majorly confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Athera, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Athera

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This past year I've been more than a little confused, and if you can't tell I still am. I mean it feels like I don't know who I am anymore and that isn't a fun feeling. I mean the last person I dated was around three years ago (my freshman year, I just graduated high school), and I thought it was just that I livved in a small town with a small pool of people to date. Then this past year rolls around and I start to notice people that I've thought "if I was a guy I'd date them immediately" and all the sudden I was thinking that I wished they were into girls so I could date them. My school is not a tiny school but it wasn't a large school so I didn't have anyone to talk to who could honestly help me figure anything out, hence I'm here trying to figure this out.

2. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I so understand. It sucks; it's difficult! You might be bi or a lesbian - but try not to question too hard. If you like girls, hey, that's okay - it's perfectly normal. It will take time, but don't worry: you will figure things out. Feel free to PM me. :slight_smile:

3. Holly

Honestly, I would leave things for a while. This may be a really hard thing, but when I was questioning, what I really needed is time. Of course, I was confused as hell, but I needed to fully come to terms with who I was liking before I could start identifying myself as straight/bisexual/lesbian.

It's pretty sure you'd like to date girls, and that is completely fine. I suppose what you need to figure out is how you feel about guys, and how you see yourself with a girl? I see a difference between sexual and emotional attraction, but I feel both are a factor when dealing with your sexuality. Think about how you would see yourself in 10 years? Would it be in a relationship with a guy, or a girl, or could it be either? But in fairness, I do base a large amount of my sexuality on how I view relationships, and others might disagree with this.

And being in a small school sucks, I completely agree with you there. It depends how old you are, but I'm personally waiting until Uni. I'm well aware that it is highly unlikely I will start dating someone at my current school, so waiting until University is my only option really.

I hope you find your answers here, it really is a great site. And feel free to message me if you want to talk more!

4. Athera

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've come to terms that I'm at least bi, but even recently I tried to go on a date with this guy but saw this cute girl while we were out and ended up pretty much ignoring him if she walked by. I felt really bad, but it was almost like I couldn't help it. I'm not a horrible person am I?