1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Letters

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Robben, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,
    A gay love and I have been exchanging love letters for three days. We met in an on-line dating service, he shares with me all of his hopes and dreams. I share with him how my life is going. While we have never met in person, today we exchanged photos. He is gorgeous with a good body. He really turns me on. Today I sent him a gay greeting card telling him I love You, and just that. This may mature into a real relationship. He is everything I want, but I still don't have his phone number.
    Is it possible for an on line dating service to begin a real relationship? somehow I always thought that would never be the case for me.
    I love him and I feel touched by him, but I am not able to let him know until we meet on our first date.
    Robben
    :kiss:

2. StephenSC

It sounds like you are really taken by this guy, which is fantastic. A word of warning, as I was/am in a simular situation. I went to a (different) forum seeking advice/support about a simular situation. I developed feelings for a guy I met online and haven't met, to the point where I said I have fallen deeply in love with him. The response I was met with was not overly supportive... a lot of people said some, possibly honest, but hurtful things. Many people said that claiming you "love" someone you've never met is "a bit much" (I cleaned that up).

I was upset by it, though I'm a relationship noob, and I may be overly sensitive in this area. You will hopefully have the experience (and maturity, lol) to overlook any negatively people show towards you because of this. At the end of the day the heart wants what the heart wants, and you know your own situation better than anyone else.
    (The EC community is much better then that anyway)

While it's true that things might not be the way you imagined when you meet "for real", if your honest with the situation, keep an open mind and don't act rashly I don't think that's going to happen.

As for "real" relationships coming from something that starts out online, I very much believe it's possible. It may have some added "complications" (For lack of a better word) over a more traditional meeting. But if it's meant to be, it will be.

3. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will give your advice the credit deserves. Tonight I wrote to him telling him I would like him in my life. Without stressing that I was in love with him, I was sending the message that just writing letters won't be enough for me, I am hoping to meet him, as this may become an attachment.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think online dating can be very useful because it brings together people who might never have met in person. I have a school friend who came from China because her mom met her American step-father through an online dating service, and they are still together. I have a college friend who shares a very similar awkward/introverted personality, and he met his girlfriend also online, and she moved to live with him.

I think the earlier you can make this relationship real by just hanging out, the faster you will know if the person you've been writing to matches the one you interact with face-to-face.