1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

losing a child because of no legal rights

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by soofly, Jan 18, 2018.

1. soofly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

I've posted my story on here but i'll do a short version. I was with my ex for 6 years, don't think she was lesbian but I did everything for her and gave her stability so she played the part well. She ended up cheating 2 years ago with 2 men and got pregnant. I took her back and stepped up claiming the baby, everything was great as far as the baby(not relationship) recently we broke up and she decided to find which guy was his father(coincidently it was her ex, the non engaged one). She put him above me, she was giving me hell as far as trying to control my life still, although I moved out. Everytime I had the baby it was drama after drama, now I'm completely cut off because I pretty much said it's my way or I'm out(hurt with every piece of my body).

my question
    does anyone know if Florida recognizes de facto parent?

A de facto parent is a person who has been found by the court to have “assumed, on day-to-day basis, the role of the parent, fulfilling both the child's physical and psychological need for care and affection, and who has assumed that role for a substantial period.”

I have 4000 pictures/videos of us on google photos, I started recording our conversations and I have a couple where she says she would never take him from me because it would be hurting him. So I have proof I just want to know if I can use it or am I just SOH. I miss him, this is is the second hardest thing I've been through.

I saw him the other day thru his Godmother who doesn't agree with what she did, which nobody does. It was amazing but started my pain all over again. I'm trying to upload a video, 30 seconds on here not sure if I can?

2. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Speaking as a California lawyer, I would say that the only way you're going to get a useful answer is by consulting with a lawyer in your area.

Zen fix likes this.
  3. smurf

^ That.

Get in front of a lawyer to see what they can do for you.

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah you have to have a lawyer. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your little one.