Long distance relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, Jun 29, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So not long ago this girl messaged me on my blog saying I was really attractive. I replied and told her she was too, not thinking much at the time. She then asked for some of my social media accounts so we could speak properly. We began talking all night, she then wanted to call me..

So we ended up staying on the phone for 7 hours, talking about ourselves and casually flirting. Unfortunatley she lives in another country, however it's only about a 3 hour flight from where I am. I'm still in school and so is she. I am quite a closed off and emotionally distant person who is terrible at expressing my feelings. But we got along so well, too well.. And we both admitted to feeling really strongly about each other. We talk non stop, fall asleep on the phone together, send each other pictures of our days etc.

I really really like her. I finish school in three months and plan to travel and work after for a year. I could totally go see her and we've talked about it too. here's the thing; when we began talking she told me had an ex and they still had sex occasionally but it's nothing but sex. Last night she sent me photos of them together (without her ex knowing) Telling me
    how good the sex is and so on...

I didn't make out I cared and laughed. Then I thought to myself wtf am I doing, this needs to end, I have exams coming up soon and she's distracting me. So I became a bit cold and distant, she then asked what's wrong etc. Finally we admitted we both really liked each other and didn't expect this to happen. She told me she can't even have sex with her ex anymore because I pop into her head...

What do I do? Do I end it? Is this an unrealistic situation. She's a year younger than me and lives in a different country... The whole situation sucks and I wish she never messaged me because I can't even properly be with her. That and she's confusing and still sees her ex but constantly messages me even when they're together, always wants to call, told me she wished I was there to meet her family and go on dates ...

advice please!!

2. confusedbubble

If she's still having sex with "her ex" then technically it's not her ex also if she's got pictures of them together then it's not over for them.

I'm sorry to say but I would move on from this girl you'll be finished school soon and have the world ahead of you.. She can't travel with you and would she anyway if the "ex" is still hanging round.

This sounds like a messy situation that's causing problems for you already what happens if you turn up to see her and the ex is there? Would you be willing to be in a relationship with someone that's still seeing an ex I know I wouldn't