1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loners out there. Hi.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CharlsOn, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Historically I had never been without friends. Now however, I literally have no friends. I go to an online highschool, so it's difficult to meet people.

2. TheStormInside

I feel like I am obligated to say something witty here... :lol: . But thank you :slight_smile:

3. Edog

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm just imagining a group of people in a room not acknowledging the other people. The "Loner Club." We are united! Sort of.

4. justpeachy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    most of the time i hate social interaction, unless it's with one of my best friends. i get really frustrated when i check my phone and have multiple texts from people i don't want to talk to (which is mostly everyone) i always make excuses for not being able to hang out, even with close friends, which makes me feel guilty, but i also would feel really bad if i honestly said i didnt want to hang out with them

5. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Yup, I definitly fit in this category, hardly any friends but a few that I occasionally see.

7. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *comes*
    *sees*
    *doesn't reply*

because loner

8. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely qualified for the loner club. I may even take the crown as the most solitary loner here.

I'm very shy. I didn't really speak until about 5 years old, which may have been in part due to my Central Auditory Processing Disorder. I chose to have little interactions with others in college, and I still generally prefer to have a lot of alone time and little time around others.

However, I intend to become a little less of a loner in the future, since being a loner to the degree that I have isn't healthy.

9. TurtleCat

I'm a loner to an extent. I do genuinely like people, but I also spend most of my time alone and I enjoy solitary activities (reading, etc.)

10. thecure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to hate the world but really it was just myself i hated so i built a foreboding castle of steel and stone and i drove everyone away... but when everyone was gone i got so lonely i tried to die... well the steel rusted and the stone crumbled to dust but when the facade fell away... i became someone new and i wished to be with... but my body bears the markings and scars of insidious self hatred... so now i dont want to be alone and i'm really quite sociable and as you see love to talk but people still stay far away... and i'm very much a loner just not by choice... but thats the catch 22 is it was my choice... sometimes you get what you want only to regret it... i'll always walk against the wind... because for whatever reason i just dont fit in... lol...

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely a loner. Never had a single friend, never really wanted one. I truly care about all other humans and empathise with them and everything.. but I'm just too different from other people to enjoy their company for long. Even the few who are very special to me and stand out, I still prefer being alone.

So hey. :slight_smile:

12. Candace

I'm usually alone most of the time. I like to not be bothered and do my own thing, such as watch TV shows that I like, listen to my own music, etc.

13. Silas

14. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Only in solitude where I can find myself.

Hello there Charlotte!! :slight_smile:

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I get along with (most) people. I've been called a leader, was even volunteered to head various projects in school and college, and tend to be able to simmer folks down, be it from bickering or idleness. I'm (usually) the one approached for advice, to get things done, or for another to get a confidence boost from.

All that said, I am still a loner. I don't seek what most in the world do, so this diverts our paths. I've bonded due to circumstance or convenience, but never have I bonded with another heart. I have individuals that come around, or whom I hang out with, but they tend to view me as an associate -- as I do them. The only two exceptions to this, are, at best, considered good friends, and just short of best friends. They know me fairly well, but they don't know the deepest regions; and they don't want to.

I'm flexible and adaptable, which are pretty nifty skills to possess, but they only tend to remind me of how isolated I am. Still, I take pride in my lone wolf status, because it means I owe no allegiance to any particular pack. This just means when I do encounter other packs, they're pretty curious and welcoming of me. However, once our objective are achieved, we all tend to go our separate ways. Never in disrespect, though. Often, they remember me, and even ask for me again, if another opportunity presents itself.

At the end of the day, I make the most of my time. I stay active, work out, read, and help people as much as possible. If I wasn't a loner, I'd have less time for these things. Also, one day, I am sure I will meet someone who will benefit my life, as opposed to contributing to it. Until then, I can only continue bettering and informing myself.

16. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess this has something to do about the message thing..sorry if I'm not a full member yet let just wait for that and then talk about this stuff later on if it's okay with you..it seems something really bothers you.

YOu know that you can talk to me about anything right?..I'm just here you know. (*hug*) :slight_smile:

17. tulipinacup

It sucks how all the cool people I know live very far away.

18. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep...I pretty much count myself as a loner too.

19. ChameleonSoul

Another loner here. Who needs people when you have WiFi!

20. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Yay I'm a loner too....