LGBT News live blog for Prop 8/DOMA court cases

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokey-knows-all

because people are assholes and so it takes the suppreme court to decide which group to shut up. prejudiced assholes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. yidnah87

I go into work tomorrow at 9 am CDT. I will keep my eye on my Facebook feed on my phone and/or check the news sites on the computer.

3. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Im like sweating xD i dont want to pass out because waking up and finding out that (worst case scenario imo, or worse likely) DOMA stood would just KILL my whole summer. I've never been so excited about news before!( mostly because it affects me! or will lol)

Back in March I was happy it was just being heard, and I was so proud :grin: Now im really scared :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Im not expecting a "Gay marriage up the butt everywhere!" statement, but i just really want DOMA to be declared unconstitutional. Im pretty confident about Prop 8, but I still agree justices like Scalia need to go >.> I know this is bias as hell, but I'm pretty sure I would want a wide ruling. Being Conservative in times like this only delays the inevitable and causes more grief for people. The majority are for this now. People will get over it and move on! (inb4 all the straight divorce rate skyrockets to 90% - because of the gays haha!) That wouldn't even be my motivation though.. Its just simply logical that all people deserve the right to marriage.. Idk, im not too versed on the constitution, but isnt marriage under the pursuit of happiness in some form? Its a VERY important social construct, so in that case I can see where some say gov't shouldn't decide it. But since when is it ok that people can decide to take someone's choices away because of bias and no legal standing? "Because we don't want it" There's always been some kind of excuse that has worked, but for gay marriage there is NONE logical. All the B.S. Statements like "Straight marriages will fail" "Society will collapse because God said he hates fags" (westboro lol) "Gays harm children and are mostly pedophiles!" "Will lead to beastiality, incest, pedophilia, polygamy!" All of these terrible excuses have been unraveled to the point that its clear bias and discrimination, which is never ok -.-

Anyway im rambling now :3 forgive me *bows*

So yeah... im gonna throw something (not very far because I'm weak as hell) if DOMA isn't scrapped at LEAST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.