1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life update?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by redstatic, Apr 6, 2023.

1. redstatic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! I posted quite a lot a few months ago, and took a bit of a hiatus for my own sake. The last few posts were kinda pessimistic, so I'm here with some positive life updates :slight_smile:

So:
    1. Became more assertive about who I am and started introducing myself as my name and not the nickname of my deadname. Changed my name on Instagram, where adults in my family don't know me (because I need some more time to come out to my ENTIRE family). It felt daunting, but it went pretty chill. A lot of people picked up on it with no comment

2. Came out to my mom!! It went pretty damn well! It was a bit of a shock at first, but she's actually curious and open about it now and is actually interested to learn. Next up is dad. I was really anxious to do it, but after talking about it to my new therapist and my sister, now I think it'll go pretty chill. I decided with my therapist that I'll tell him in about 2 weeks, but I think I'll tell him earlier than that if I get the chance to be alone with him. Before telling mom, every time I interacted with her I thought 'What if I came out right now? What if I just blurted it out?' constantly for weeks, and now I am like that around dad too. And I think it's going to be easier with him, even though he's a bit more conservative.

3. Started going to therapy again! Well, I only went to one session but it helped me a lot in strategizing about my dad. I just hope she doesn't ghost me lmfao, because her style is just what I need in order to strategize my transition and whatnot. I still have some things I want to talk about regarding starting t.

4. Ever since realising I want to start HRT, I feel like my life has more purpose. Not in the sense that 'HRT is my purpose', but I feel like I could actually grow old and grow my career and grow as a person and have fulfilling relationships, because now the future actually seems promising. It's been a lot less doomy haha!

5. I've found a lot more resources on trans stuff lately. Been interacting with more people, gathering information. Apparently my uni is pretty chill with trans peeps (who would've thought that an arts school would be inclusive lmfao/j).

Things are actually looking up!! I'll let y'all know how coming out to dad goes, and about my journey to accessing T once I actually start that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support along the way!
    -Tudor

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    redstatic.....I am really happy for you!

***Happy*** ***Happy*** ***Happy*** ***Happy*** ! :old_smile: :old_smile: :old_smile:

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

redstatic likes this.
  3. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The trans community needs this sort of message. Very positive and upbeat and such good news about coming out and future plans. It's inspiring, and thanks so much for the update! And good to meet you too!

redstatic likes this.
  4. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Redstatic, your message is so relative and meaningful. I am so encouraged and excited about your changes and the progress your making. Keep it up and keep posting. We need you here.

redstatic likes this.