1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBTQ positivity (Quotes & Comments)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Jul 30, 2023.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you seen any quotes, comments or posts online that you would like to share in this thread to spread a bit of LGBTQ positivity? Any quotes, comments or posts that will provide hope and inspiration to other members and visitors?

Here's one I saw yesterday:

Just because I suddenly came out does not mean I suddenly became gay. I've been gay all my life. Why treat me any differently? The only bad thing about being gay is some people's reaction to it.

2. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saw this amid a heated Facebook discussion about same-sex marriage. Translated it into English word for word, as close as possible:

“Love is beautiful, no matter if it is shared by a man and woman, or two men, or two women. People love each other and it is what matters. How can we deny them the rights to be together and to legally be the family that they already are, as if they are not the same human being as the rest of us?”

Honestly, I want to hug the person who originally wrote that. Bless their heart.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All.... One of my favorites: "If Michael Angelo had been straight he would have wallpapered the Sistine Chapel" :old_big_grin:

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was on a meme... "I didn't come out of the closet, I let you in", or something similar to that. It struck a chord with me because I've only let a few people know about my true sexuality.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lo
    Love that quote !

6. Tiago GA

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love. That’s okay."
    — Laverne Cox

"If you're not personally free to be yourself in that most important of all human activities — the expression of love — then life itself loses its meaning."
    — Harvey Milk

"Love yourself, whatever makes you different, and use it to make you stand out." — Ross Mathews

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." — Chris Colfer

"We can climb mountains with self-love. I want to make sure that any young person, or anyone, really, who is looking up to me… that they see no shame, that they see pride, and that I'm truly unabashed about the person that I am."
    — Samira Wiley

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." — Harvey Fierstein

“Love him and let him love you. Do you think anything else under heaven really matters?” – James Baldwin

(Idrk if those are Lgbtq+ but those are some quotes I like)

7. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Trans people are who they say they are and deserve to live their lives without being constantly questioned or told they aren’t who they say they are - Emma Watson