1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Stars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ChloeAllison, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ChloeAllison

I didn't see a thread like this anywhere on here yet so...Anyone have a favourite LGBT Star that they really look up to? It can be a character too if you don't have a star.

I'll start. I am a huge fan of Chris Colfer because he both comes from a tiny intolerable town (which I can relate to) but managed to not only stay alive but somehow stay true to himself and become wildly successful as an actor, singer and writer.

As for characters I admire there are two. One is actually from a fanfic my friend Brooke writes based on Alec from the Mortal instruments series. Her fanfic is called Misery love Glamour and her Alec is amazing well written as he tries to accept himself and figure out his first relationship. The second is Ralph from Openly Straight. The character was well written and its one of those books that leaves you speechless as the character tries to deal with every issue you are currently dealing with.

So yeah Chris Colfer, Alec from Misery Loves Glamour and Ralph form Openly Straight. How about you guys?

2. LILuke

I recently found out that Billie Joe Armstrong is Bisexual, which is pretty cool since Green Day was like my favorite band growing up.

3. Rainbow Girl

Ellen Degeneres, Jane Lynch, Lady Gaga, Jessie J, Chris Colfer, Adamo Ruggiero.

4. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to have to say Elton John, as he didn't let confusion and discrimination over his sexuality get in the way of achieving his dreams. He continued to prosper as an artist even during his toughest times <3

5. ChloeAllison

Love Jessie J! and Ellen of course...she was such an inspiration. I saw videos of her coming out on Oprah and how terribly everyone treated her and you could tell it got to her but she struggled through it and is so much the reason so many actresses can come out.

6. Seraph

Anderson Cooper is like my GOD xDDDD

Ellen Degeneres and Lady Gaga are also my favourites.

7. StillHere

I think Lucy Spraggan is very inspiring to me. She is lesbian. She is so inspiring with her music.