1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letting go

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by acoop2290, Feb 21, 2015.

1. acoop2290

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

I have posted here several times about being with a guy who is not out. We just recently broke up. It was devastating for both of us. But, he felt as if everything finally caught up with him and he didn't want what was going on. He says he doesn't want a relationship right now. I just feel robbed of something that could of been. We had spent the past four months with the trials and tribulations of him not being out. The stress of not being able to see each other as mush as we liked. The thing is everything was great...until I feel like I started putting a little more stress on "what is this".

We agreed that we would take some time away from each other before becoming friends, because we really like having the other in our lives. I just don't know if this is a fluke, if he is just scared or if this relates to him not being out yet. I texted him today and saying i cant help but feel partially responsible for his decision. I was so wrapped up in what I wanted that I didn't think to slow things down and go at his speed. I want so much to have another chance. I think we took things way to fast (aside from the fact that we never had sex and we only spent one night together.) But, right off the bat we talked every day. We started calling each other babe. I feel like maybe it was all too much, too fast. I don't even know what type of advice I am seeking...I just feel heart broken. We were both crying and sobbing last night and when we hugged before I left I just knew that something was still there. That this wasn't the end for us and it kills me that right now it is this way...

I am the first guy he has been with...the first person in fact..and he is 23. He just recently came out to his brother who he found out was gay too. I don't know what changed everything. It used to be amazing...:bang:

2. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My 2c. Also note that I'm not experienced in relationships.

Wait for a month or two and if you're still thinking about it give both of you a second chance. Sometimes the only way to know what you're losing is if you actually lose it.

3. acoop2290

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that. But, I already know what I lost. I lost a lot. I lost my best friend. Someone I talked to everyday about my life. He wasn't only someone I saw myself with...we grew really close. We never had sex. It felt like something above all that. I just want to know how his day went today and if he was okay. Because, I know I wasn't. I hope he will realize what he lost...