1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk about hair, beards, wigs and body hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Harjus, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lets talk about hair, body hair and beard! Hair on your body! Problems with hair and happiness with hair. Wigs too and so on. Talk about it. How do you feel about balding?

Hair (and beard) is important. Do you think you pass better with certain hairstyles or do you sacrifice passing because you want your hair in certain way? People of all genders are free to discuss.

I usually pass (over a year of HRT) and when people hear my voice or realize how muscular and flat chested I am they quickly know they made a mistake but still my hair affects a lot on how I am treated and perceived. I like it to be angular, short on the sides and longer on the top. It makes my face look more masculine. I think it works well on many transguys. If my hair gets "rounder" I am mistaken for a girl more often. I know I need a haircut when men start to open doors for me when it's late. I mean it's nice but they wouldn't if they heard my voice first.

I would like to have long hair but I would get mistaken for a girl all the time. I know it. I decided I could just grow the top part of it. It looks masculine. If you are a transguy and have an angular hairline like I do you are lucky. I always try to make mine visible. It looks masculine. It's a possible sign of testosterone in your body in peoples' primitive eyes. Big ears would also help I imagine.

I also had an episode of hair loss after I started T. I suspect I have alopecia. The doctor looked at my hairline (ignoring the abvious thinning spots everywhere) and told me it's male pattern baldness because of my hairline but my hairline was always like that. I have some male pattern balding too I think but not that much. Some of the hair grew back too. I shaved all the hair off and couldn't pass at all because I have a small head and pretty face. Shaved and buzzed hair was cool but I didn't keep it because of my head shape.

I don't want medicine for male pattern baldness because it affects your testosterone badly. If it comes to that I will just go bald and hope that T has done it's thing for my face.

Also. Do you have a beard and how is growing? Do you like beards? I am still waiting for the beard miracle to happen and I would love to have options with it. I doubt I would grow a beard but I don't yet have the option so I am envious of people with beards, moustache or stupple. I can only grow some beard hairs and it wouldn't look right if I tried to grow it. It's like cat whiskers.

I like body hair. I am blond but I grow almost black hair on my body. I always shaved it before coming out years ago but after that I let it be. Testosterone quickly helped me to grow a lot of body hair all over my lower body and I like it a lot. I got hairier legs than most cisguys (drunken comparisons have been done) although the upper half is pretty tame. I like my body hair. I had to have my heart checked out some time ago and they had to shave some hair from my ankles and I was suprised of how violated I felt. Not too seriously but it still felt a little sad. The nurse was laughing at me. She was truly scary with the razor. My sisters' dog got some of his hair shaved of too by the vet at the same time so at least we had support.