1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians + Bis (Sorry Everyone else!) Dress or Tux?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musicgirl18, Dec 12, 2013.

?

What do you want to wear to your wedding?

1. Dress

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Suit

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Casual

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Tzoa

One of the BEST weddings I want to was super casual. It was a backyard BBQ on a lake up in Alaska, and the groom wore a Hawaiian shirt and shorts. The bride did wear a white dress, but it was a really casual one. It was so much fun.

That said, I want a dress. And I'd like my fiance and I to walk down the aisle together with our parent(s).

2. juliegt6

Same here, I'm a dress girl. I wear fleece tights in the winter to help with the cold.

I'm both scared and excited about the idea of marriage. I know my partner and I would both do the white dress wedding. As scared as I am of the financial commitment of marriage, I love my girlfriend and would proudly say yes if asked. Her family seems to think weddings have to be huge (they better pay then! We're fine with something small).

I'd be so happy if our parents would do the walk down the aisle with us!

3. difference between men & womyn I guess, most of us are asking for some kind of romance & ceremony

4. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I picked suit because I'm leaning towards that option but I don't care either way it all depends really.

5. castle walls

I would prefer a dress

6. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    I would prefer a suit. I hate dresses with a fiery passion and would hate to wear one on the happiest day of my life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. musicgirl18

Yeah, I think this would be the reason why I would pick a suit too. :slight_smile: I tend to loathe skirts and dresses with a burning passion, with the occasional exception, so yeah... (!)

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

^^^ This is kinda how I'm feeling too. I almost feel as though the wedding dress desire is a remnant of my days beings told I was a beautiful princess and that someday I'd wear the big, poofy, white gown. XD Which is funny because even then I knew I didn't want to wear a white dress, that just seemed silly to me. Plus, I hate white. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know, I like wearing both for special occasions, though for every day wear I hate dresses. I think it depends on the personality of the person I would be marrying.

9. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll probably wear a dress. I don't wear them often, but I do like dresses enough that I'd want to wear one at my wedding.

10. BattyNora

I'm not particularly a dress/skirt kind of girl but when I got married I wore a fitted, full length (with a bit of a train) satin dress with sparkles. Granted..the fact this was a hetero wedding kind of limited my options in not wearing a dress, but I was completely surprised by the dress I chose. I'd grown up saying I would be wearing a trouser suit to my wedding and suddenly I got caught up in it all. The dress was gorgeous though.

If I were to get married, this time to a woman, I don't think I would wear a "proper" wedding dress, but not sure if I would go the trouser route.

11. VioletXena

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want my future wife and I to both wear dresses. I love dresses. Tuxedos are fantastic and all, but you just can't deny the allure of a dress that accentuates a woman's curves. :wink:

12. I'd honestly just prefer to get married quietly without a big wedding ceremony, so ideally I wouldn't dress up at all. It kind of would depend on whether my partner wants a wedding, in which case I'd wear a dress.

13. musicgirl18

Honestly, this is kinda how I feel right now. Like I said above, I tend to hate dresses and skirts, however, I have worn one for prom the last two years, although, that was mainly because my mom made me, and they wouldn't have let me in if I didn't. XD I really do think it'll depend on my fiancee. I really did like the outfit I saw on this couple, specifically, the pants and suspenders: Lesbian Couple's Parents Didn't Support - Internet Did

#33 musicgirl18, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  14. arcchi

I'm not the kind of person that like to use dresses. But it's my marriage and cant see me without a dress.
    ~just one thing: I wouldn't use a high heels even if you pay me.. but it's a problem the future wife me will solve....

15. Tzoa

Awww! I love those pictures!!! They're both gorgeous, and Kat is really adorable. Thanks for sharing!

16. BattyNora

The couple in that link look awesome - and a great way to show that whatever style is yours, you can make a wedding outfit work.

A little off topic, but I cringed when I first saw the link there, purely because of the website it linked to; I opened it waiting to get to the comments section and be bowled over by the bile being spouted there. It was stunning, but brilliant, to see the majority were positive. First time comments on that website haven't made me very upset/cross in a long time!

17. DrkRayne

We've already said were both wearing dresses at the wedding, however I will be changing into a woman's pants suit at the reception. She is keeping her dress.

I'd prefer a pants suit like this one

[​IMG]

#37 DrkRayne, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  18. apostrophied

A suit---preferably a Santa one.

Jk, a dress, of course. :slight_smile:

19. musicgirl18

That is a brilliant idea! I hadn't thought of changing! :grin:

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2013 at 03:49 PM ----------

IKR!!!!! They are sooo cute! Gah. :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2013 at 03:51 PM ----------

Ha! I did too. I first found it on pinterest, and when I saw the link, I was like... Oh... Hmmm... I decided to go anyway, and I was astounded by the amazing support they got! It was awesome! :icon_bigg

20. WindSong

WindSong Guest

There's something incredibly sexy about a woman in a long summery dress or in a summery shirt and a vest... Weddings take a lot of thought, so I clicked "other", because I would probably go for the summery feel if I were getting married.

Oh, by the way, I was watching some flash mob proposals on youtube, and came by this very cute one: Marry You Proposal - Lily + Nicole (and Treble NYC) - YouTube

(*hug*)

#40 WindSong, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013