1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

legal name change

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bobcatlynx, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Bobcatlynx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are here some who have had a legal name change, and are there rules to change your name?

My birth given name is Nathalie but this don't mach with my bigender identity.
    I wanted a non gender related name and special animal/ cat related.

I have done lots of research of animals and animal related names, Bobcat-Lynx fits the best on me, because Bobcats and Lynxes have some properties what i also have.

I'm using Bobcat-Lynx now for 2 years, but its not registered as my official name yet.

With in a view weeks i would have the clearance to change my gender marker and name official, would they accept Bobcat-Lynx as my new legal name?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every country is a little different when it comes to what you can legally name yourself (or a child). The process of legally changing a name also varies depending on each country. There may be a list of names that a country may state that you cannot name yourself or a child. You should see if such list exists in your country.

Here's a short piece I found on some of the rules in Denmark, you should be able to find more:
    Whether your country would accept the name Bobcat-Lynx is something it sounds like you would have to go to a government body for approval, or get permission from a church first.

3. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about Denmark, but my step-daughter just changed her last name to mine. She had to run in an announcement in the newspaper for a set period of time. She had to provide proof to the county, assigned a court date, and then attended an online hearing. That took about all of 30 seconds.

#3 bsg75apollo, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  4. buzzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure the process varies from country to country.

5. Bobcatlynx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was asking general what is prohibited and wat's not.
    If i see in humans history and then 100 years and more a go it was normally used to give humans animal elated names.
    I have seen names like Bear, Leo, Hawk, Grizzly, Bird, Wolf for humans in history, but these days we don't use this not so often any more.
    But these day's we can use animal related names as name for us self again, if i'm wrong.