1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BudderMC

I really need to remember to buy defensive items if the game calls for it... <_<

But this is working out perfectly! I was torn between buying (likely) Ahri or Vayne, and I've already played Ahri before, and Vayne is free this week. :grin:

2. Hawthorne

Remember they are nerfing ahri next patch

3. Lad123

Interesting... but I imagine saying something like that would only get a 'shut up!' response :lol: I'll give it a try though.

Hmm and about Vayne, she can hit hard but I guess pretty much any AD carry will decimate teams if they are fed.

4. BudderMC

That's true, but they aren't nerfing Ahri that badly though, right? Just making her build less tank-y and more like every other mage... which I already do anyway, lol.

5. Hawthorne

Yeah they were sick of how she was like oh hey team fight I will help kill you all and get away alive!! Ahahaha, which was horrible and made me very angry every time so I just focus her and poof no more ahri!

6. Enaithor

Next patch they're buffing Swain quite majorly I hear?
    I think this is pretty odd, I don't know if it's just my playstyle (apparently it's VERY odd) but Swain just totally annihilates me in lane. In Dominion I can kill him so easily though...

7. Hawthorne

Swain is my favorite AP carry! I love him so much he does so much damage and if you build him right he can be like, Oh hey teemo OH sorry teemo you are so dead :frowning2:.

8. BudderMC

^ admittedly, I've never actually seen a Swain in-game yet. Besides bots. Maybe they're buffing him to give him some popularity? I think I remember them mentioning in the patch notes that it's something like there's nothing he can do that another mage can't do better.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2012 at 12:30 AM ----------

Oh, and Skarner: anyone got stuff on Skarner? I've only ever seen him jungle tbh. And if that's all he's good for, I might as well go Shyv, since she can lane too.

...I'm less than 200 IP away from the 6300 mark, so I'm trying to make a relatively-informed purchase :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Hawthorne

Skarner was basically the best jungler for the longest time, his ganks were amazing hes still good but not nearly as good as he was in the past which makes me sad :frowning2:

10. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

I played 4 rounds of Dominion today, and lost each and every one of them, due to people infighting and not communicating or helping. The last team had someone sit in game for the entire 17 minutes, and the only thing he did with his keyboard was type "all you faggots can go fuck each other in the ass" and proceeded to sit and do nothing.

Yesterday I lost approx 10 games of Summer's Rift in a row, and each time it was due to no cooperation, infighting, name calling, and refusal to buy 'wards' for map control, which is a very basic strategy. Even suggesting to others to buy wards had everyone in the team turn on me, as people love to gang up on one another if someone starts trolling. Even politely asking for help will get you insulted. I literally have to ignore most players in my team and play blind or else I am spammed to the point of rage.

I even made the effort to befriend someone whose team was supposedly treating him terribly, and I could see how they were playing. Disorganized and poorly. Within 2 minutes of being in my team in a new game, he went psychotic because someone made a small error (yet no one died) and proceeded to insult me and everyone else in the team, realizing that while his team may have been uncooperative and frustrating, he was the worst one of the bunch. Psychotic.

The worst thing about it, is that Riot is in a position to do something about this and they do not. As far as I'm concerned, LOL has the most vile, indignant, repulsive, homophobic, juvenile mentally ill community of tweeny little sacks of crap. Even after a break,I'm deleting this game again.

I do not recommend this game to children, teens, adults, anyone. It is by far the biggest collection of the lowest forms of life on the Internet. You are guaranteed to have your experienced ruined by at least 1 person in every match you play, and guaranteed to be called some homophobic slur from some angry, pathetic piece of 13 or 31 year old piece of shit. In LOL they are all the same. I cannot believe how much hate and misery is in these people.

I loved playing as Swain, and I was very good with him. It was very easy to get top kills/assists, and wreck teams, though I won't be doing that again.

#250 ArcherySet, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  11. Hawthorne

Yeah the community is utterly terrible and nothing can be said for why they are so bad but they are thats kinda why I just do my own thing and I usually play with friends and if I dont I just still kinda do what ever....

12. BudderMC

@Archery Yeesh, that's rough. I've definitely not experienced anything that bad yet (thankfully), but now I see why you aren't inclined to play anymore...

And I ended up buying Shyvana. The points were bothering me just sitting there being unspent, and I realized I didn't really have any good melee chars, plus she can jungle pretty well... it just fit. Not to mention she was fun to play when I tried her. Quite happy with the outcome, now I just have to practice ^_^

13. BudderMC

2 things:

1) People with the "clan names" in their usernames. I mean, if you're clearly joining games in pairs (or more) where you're all part of this "clan", there's kind of some expectation you know how to play, at the very least with each other. v_v

2) Did you know people do reskins for the champs?! I only learned about this today... might needa go download some more :grin:

14. Hawthorne

I want pulse fire ezreal. I will die if I do not have it.

15. EatinYoShunpo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The good thing about LoL is the higher ELO/level you get, the less trolls you get around you. 11 year olds generally are less skilled.

16. BudderMC

@Hawthorne Pulsefire Ez actually looks so badass, and I really don't like Ez. It's like Megaman on steroids. It's like it's TOO badass for Ez (IMO) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Does anyone know how the matchmaking system works offhand? I mean, if I get invited to queue up for a normal game with people of different levels than me, do we match to our level, or their level, or some team-comp level thing? I've been playing with a couple people who average out to my level, some higher, some lower... but there's been a couple games that were really easy and a couple that were absolutely brutal.

Though I've heard that the matchmaking system is terribad...

And I just realized that the character dances are all pop culture references! xD

17. Lad123

^ Yep the matchmaking system is pretty bad indeed.

What I've noticed is the amount of wins has an effect on who you are matched with (with normal games). If for example you have a person in your party with lots of wins, then it matches you with an opponent of a similar amount of wins. Although this does not always seem to happen since the other team may have like an equal spread of 200 wins each and yet your team may have a person with 1000 wins and the others with 50-100 wins. Its weird I know, I'm probably wrong about this anyway.

So depending on how hard you want the match to be, I recommend staying away from partying with level 30s that have lots of wins because you will probably be matched with similar people.

18. BudderMC

THEY MADE TEEMO'S ICON (and art, I guess) UGLY. I AM NOT PLEASED. :tantrum:

On the other hand, Akali got some sick art. BUT STILL!

19. sanguine

depends on the win ratio from the loses, in my case my wins are well over my loses so they match me with people that lack in the skill department no doubt with wins well under their loses (thats if i go in solo queue) to even it out i guess

i have 2 accounts, and on the other even though im only lvl 13 i would get matched up with people who are lvl 25 up (solo queue) because of my wins are well above my loses which is lame (i use that account when my friends want easy wins cause the idea was to bring in some low levels also which fails miserably from time to time)

so thats probably the case for you, or someone in the team has high win ratio so they put some baddies in your team to make up for it

20. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^Oh yes I like to use them in the new single lane map! So fun!! I also like to use Ahri and Darius sometimes!