1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Later in Life Issue

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tyler1, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back again as I sort through issues in this great forum. Again as I progress questions come up that I can't seem to answer.
    One being my bf while totally supportive during my coming out after being in a straight relationship is very clearly anti-woman. He is never openly rude or hurtful but in private he acts like women are a different species. He still finds it hard to believe that I was ever attracted to women in a sexual way. He was always openly gay, I was not. Is this anywhere near normal? While I now find the idea of sex with a woman gross, I have no issues with women in general. Also he hints once in a while that I am not gay enough. When I ask him he doesn't seem to have a clear answer. I am out, in a relationship with him, 100% gay , support gay issues, I am not sure what else there is. Gay is part of who I am now. Help.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup, misdirected but it exists.

The closet vs openly gay can be the difference emotionally as two men drafted by the military and one goes to war and the other flees the draft to another country.

To some gays the closet is a cowards choice.

Is he angry with woman or your choice and he is too nice to accuse you of cowardice?

To all the openly gay men here... I am gay, I fled, I took the coward's path, you have every right to be pissed off at me, I am sorry, I am here now.

#22 skiff, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013