1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ThatCoopKid, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ThatCoopKid

And your thoughts/rating.

Mine: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. 4.5 out of 5. Very well shot, acted, and edited. Definitely kept me on the edge of my seat.

2. elitechris

I saw The Lorax. I thought it was fun but I was surprised how mad I got by the ending because of all the people believing trees were useless.

3. GayJay

I saw black swan.
    10/10 for me aha seen as it has my two favorite things in, dance a lesbian scene:slight_smile:
    But the general plot of the film was good too, in a weird way. Took my 3 times watching it to understand it.

4. Waffles

Wrath of the Titans.

8/10 (4/5 if you reduce the fraction XD)
    The storyline was "eh", and at some points when there's fighting going on, the camera angles become so disorentating that it makes you go "wait... what just happened?" Other than that, the actors and actresses were selected very nicely, and the special effects BLEW MY MIND at some points. Plus, there wasn't any blood (weak stomach. XD) which was a major plus. :3

5. provehito

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fair Game

It's quite a political movie, it's definitely not something everyone would enjoy but I personally found out interesting.
    7/10

Acting could've been better and the story lacked proper development of the character's relationships with each other.

6. Gwen

The last movie I completely seen, opening to closing, was Weekend (2011).
    I liked it because it not only depicted gay life as if it were in reality; The acting is astonishingly accurate, down to the very last detail, but it also showed how two people can effect each other for the rest of their lives, even if they had only known each other for a short period of time.
    -
    Weekend, (2011) from Weekend (2011) - IMDb.

7. Vesper

The King's Speech. Loved it. I can definitely see why King George VI is so fondly remembered.

8. Phoenix91

I saw Grave of Fireflies. It is a very good Japanese Anime Film that is set in 1945. It tells the story of a brother and sister trying to survive in their daily life after WWII in japan.

9. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly forgot. I finished two movies the other day but I don't remember which first.
    One was Dr. Strangelove or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
    The other was Brokeback Mountain which I still had yet to see.

Dr. Strangelove is an interesting piece. I give it a 5/5 for it's satirical nature on war and it at times draws parallels between sex and war. It is in the AFI top 100 I believe.

Brokeback Mountain I give a 4/5 for making me so damn sad. Great movie, moving characters. Shows how difficult it would have been being a gay man back in the 60's-80's. Definitely makes this century look like a cakewalk. It's in the top ten grossing romance films of all time.

10. Bolin

In theaters? Last movie I saw was....Sucker Punch, I think. Saw it in August (July?) at the dollar theater. :lol: I give it a 6.5/10. The story was every which-a-way, but I liked the idea of the false protagonist (won't go into detail since it's a HUGE spoiler). But ultimately, it just seemed like some old pervy man's fantasy of seeing girls in skimpy sailor-fuku fight giant robots, Nazi zombies, ancient stone...samurai...things....and the like.

Last movie in general: Saw Fantastic Four on t.v. last night. That movie gets an 8/10. I'm not too familiar with the Fantastic Four comics (they're one of my least favorite teams in the Marvel Universe), but the movie was enjoyable. Although I have to say that I was thoroughly disappointed in Dr. Doom's lack of...theatrics and dramatics. :lol:

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

In theaters the last movie I saw was the one with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds, Safe House. It was good but intense. Me and a bunch of friends were having our annual Wine of the Week a few days ago though, and this was what we decided on, Take Me Home Tonight. This is the actual last movie I saw. ^_^

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gYL9znVmGs[/YOUTUBE]

12. Andane

Well, I just watched the Futurama movie "Bender's Big Score" on Netflix earlier today :lol: But as for an actual movie, the most recent one I've watched would be that Tyler Perry movie "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" on TBS. I originally just had it on for lack of anything else to watch, but I kinda ended up liking it xD It got pretty sad at some parts though :icon_sad: Oh, and the guy who played that handyman guy she falls in love with was pretty hot :grin:

Also saw the Hunger Games last weekend, which actually turned out to be better than I thought it would be.

13. The Hunger Games I give it 10/10 because I was amazed at how good it was.

14. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

I watched The Three Stooges last night. I've never been a fan of the actual show from the 60's or whatever, but the movie wasn't too bad. Some parts of it were actually pretty funny. I'd give it a 7/10.

15. ThatCoopKid

The last film I actually saw in theaters was The Hunger Games as well, and I'd have to give it a 10/10. There were a few minor things about it I didn't like, such as the shaky camerawork during the action scenes, but otherwise it was an amazing and emotionally moving film.

16. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last movie I saw was Moon. It's a psychological sci fi thriller movie where this guy is stuck working on the far side of the moon all by himself for 3 years. And right about when the 3 years are over, turns out he is not who he thinks he is....

Very good movie I give it a 9.5/10!!

17. julia

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, amazing :slight_smile:

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sort of afraid to post in this thread, since I killed the last "Last Movie You Saw" thread and all, but my love for discussing movies trumps that. xD

The last movie I saw was Bridesmaids. It was definitely better than I expected. The speech Megan (Melissa McCarthy) gives to Annie (Kristen Wiig) when she's feeling down was pretty much exactly what I needed to hear myself.

And Rose Byrne is just stunningly beautiful! :love:

19. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Last movie I saw was "Rec 3" It was umm well you don't expect much of those movies but I liked some parts of it because they were exagerated and "bad" on porpouse. So the movie wasn't that bad.

TrĂ¡iler oficial de [REC]3 GENESIS - YouTube

20. Jake21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The last movie I saw was Abduction with Taylor Lautner. I give the movie a 5.5 stars out of 10. The acting wasn't bad, but the movie itself was bad. There were plot holes, unrealistic fight scenes, and wrong factual information.