1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Beachboi92

u don't gotta change ur opinion but while u think shes no artist all the critics are calling her an artist and genius and everythig else along with most of the world and this is a thread formed in honor of the women so u should have expected some fire when u posted that haha

----------

and i wouldnt call the "artist.. if you can call her that" statement much more than some hatin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just sayin.

----------

and i was simply looking at ur opinion and stating mine and why i think it :x

2. Dude, did you not read the review Rollling Stone did of The Fame Monster?

They basically said the album consisted of some okay Madonna and Cher rip offs, and an Abba spoof (Alejandro). So no, not all critics are hailing her as a genius =P

3. Beachboi92

the only rolling stones thing i remember was her on the cover and a lot of talk about why she was so awesome........

----------

just seems like an aweful waste of time to come into a gaga thread and hate on her is all i'm saying cause u'll find 90% minimum of people in here are with me on this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. well, if you think a magazine as big as Rolling Stone only puts people they like on the cover, and doesn't consider the fact that a famous face sells magazines, you are wrong

5. Shevanel

You can call it whatever you want. I said it was a stretch to call her an artist, in the way that she needs teasers to her videos that are silly at best, not artsy groundbreaking films or whatever. But still. Chill out. I'm barely even criticizing her. Do I seriously need to repeat everything about how I like her?

She's an artist in the way that she's a musician, I just thought it was silly for her to have teasers of her trailers. God forbid me for having a freakin opinion.

You are all seriously insane if you think any "hating" is going on.

6. ANightDude

Are you talking about the previews for her music videos? I always find the previews disappointing anyways... but hell, people love 'em and wanna see them like crazy.

7. Shevanel

All I did was make a comment about how I thought it was silly. That's all.

8. Beachboi92

come on now joey u know that comment couldn't be taken any other way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: besides like someone else and i mentioned she has a large fan base so she is just giving them something until the vid comes out just like im sure u like finding leaked songs by ur favorite artists. And as i said i wasnt directing that at u it was more at sir riotproof really. And i myself did do a lot of comparing with Gaga songs and other songs people say she rips off and while i find why people who havn't really taken time to compare them might think it is a rip off i find a lot more differences than similarities upon close review.

And her videos are basically short films now joey so there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. ANightDude

I have to (sorta) disagree. While I love her videos, her previews are pointless. The preview on Alejandro the other night was about as exciting was watching a cucumber turn into a pickle. It was pretty pointless.

10. Beachboi92

Im really starting to think people take me way to seriosuly when i argue gaga though haha its not like im offended or like on the attack i just enjoy speaking my mind on the matter :x

11. Shevanel

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THE DEFINITION OF HATE IS!?

THAT IS NOT FREAKIN HATE. GAH YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE.

and his name is RiotPOOF. Not RiotPROOF. RiotPoofBrandon. >_>

12. Beachboi92

and i was talking the artist comment not the preview one, i understand why someone else thinks its stupid but as a big gaga fan (which is the group of people she does that stuff for) i was excited to get a glimpse about what the video would be like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. ANightDude

Peace and love, goodsir. Peace and love... (&&&)

14. Beachboi92

and i use the term hatin lightly joey calm down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my excessive use of smiley faces is an indicator that i take non of this all that seriously and i hate to do it but pointing out a simple mistake in my calling of riotPOOF is really irrelevant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

----------

if i had a funny avatar face would i seem less serious xD

----------

[​IMG]
    :x

#374 Beachboi92, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  15. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

win

16. Étoile

Joey, you should know by now that if anyone even offers constructive criticism about Gaga, we'll blowtorch their face.

We must protect Mother Monster. :icon_bigg

17. booby

i love GaGa .. my fav. song is bad romance then paparazzi .. i also like teeth , telephone and future love .. and monster and filthy pop .. i like ALL her songs lol .. and she is so good live :grin:

im not in love with alejandro quite yet .. maybe when i see the video. the performance she did on Idol was terribly amazing ! but i saw her wearing pants in the teaser and i dont like it :frowning2:

18. ANightDude

Best. Win. Ever.

19. Beachboi92

A bunch of crud is going around about Alejandro release date being the 7th and then a bunch more about it being the 28th does anyone know cause i really wanna see the gay love fest haha

I really like the way it looked in the sneak peak, and while it reminded me of Vouge (well it was directed by the same guy, and Gaga and Madonna are similiar in their views on fashiona nd performance xD) it seems a lot harder (if you understand what im saying xD) with the militaristic, hard edge, strong feel as where Vouge is a lot more feminine and smoother. For whatever reason the scene of her sorrounded by those guys just standing there looking menacingly in what i imagine would be a yellow and black leather dress thing (idk why xD) is cemented in my mind :x

----------

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7129672.ece

really good article makes me love this women even more, but so help me if she develops Lupus i'll cry T_T

20. ACTUALLY

Vogue was directed by David Fincher (<3) and Alejandro was directed by Steven Klein.

I'm not trying to be a bastard, but i thought you might wanna know xD