1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Hearts :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex19, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Smile

That is worrying considering it seems that Xemnas has regained some of his Terra and/or Master Xehanort memories based of how he was talking to Aqua's armour as a "friend" (referring to how Aqua was enemy with MX and friend with Terra, the two hearts inside Xehanort)

I guess it would be convenient is Xemnas only vaguely remembered Aqua but didn't remember the concept of being a Keyblade Master and the Mark of Mastery.

Oh well, I guess I can just accept it as a retcon. It's not like there haven't been a few already but it is getting to the point were it really affects the plot's overall quality.

2. K44N 06

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With the mark of mastery, Eraqus mentioned that all participants may pass and the possibility of all failing, i bet that Riku and Mickey would get it. Sora missing out and being the little wannabe hero following them around the worlds with Donald and Goofy, something along those lines.

3. Smile

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. factwithinfiction

Lol are you being serious? Sora not getting the Mark of Mastery?

He beat majority of the Organization. He beat Xemnas. He beat Ansem Seeker of Darkness. He beat 1000 Heartless all by himself. He took on the nobodies. He beat up Maleificent. He beat Riku-Ansem TWICE. He climbed 13 floors of Castle Oblivion mainly by himself while his friends were cards. Are you trying to tell me Sora is not qualified for the Mark of Mastery?

6. Smile

Fixed.

True, all very true, but I can see Yen Sid saying something along the lines of Sora not being mentally strong enough yet. Yes, he is powerful but, don't ask me why, I can imagine Yen Sid saying he isn't mature enough yet. Sora isn't the most mature person around and that is something I assume you would need to become a master.

Doubt it, but I can imagine it. Odd.

7. factwithinfiction

Well actually Sora beat Xemnas once with Donald and Goofy, once all by himself, and the rest with Riku so consider it half fixed. What good are party members besides healing in KHII anyway? Sora is in possession of the power of light and he is considered the "Key" to it all. Yeah he's 16 now of course he's not the most mature person like Riku who spent most of his time dabbling in darkness and fighting it off. Sora has a strong sense of justice (even says so in the instruction booklet) and he's not a pushover either but we will see who gets the Mark of Mastery in 3D.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In 3D? Well sure if the PS3 gets 3D technology :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. The Mark of Mastery I highly doubt is going to be on the 3DS...just saying.

9. factwithinfiction

It's been shown in the secret movie for Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded that Yen Sid wants Sora and Riku to come to him so they can take The Mark of Mastery exam. Its already been confirmed that Sora and Riku will be playable in Kingdom Hearts 3D. What else could this game possibly be about? I don't see what's wrong with having the test be the focal point using Nintendo 3DS technology. The game looks has PS2 graphics and 3D capabilities and Yen Sid is known for his use of magic so I don't see how that doesn't work out.

My take on it is that 3D will focus on the Mark of Mastery (since nobody's ever seen Yen Sid do the exam before we don't know how differently he does the exam than Eraqus so it could take longer) and Kingdom Hearts 3 will focus on Master Xehanort's return.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm true, true, except if you did some looking at photos you'd know that Kingdom Hearts 3DS also has aspects like Sora and Riku in their Kingdom Hearts outfits. Why in the heck would they have reverted to their KH outfits? :S It makes absolutely no sense and makes them look like kids again, and frankly if you look at the screencaps, they look like their younger selves too. Yes there will be a couple new worlds, and yes Twilight Thorn is in Traverse Town, but here's a little thing to think about: Why would KH 3D focus around the Mark of Mastery with the title 3D? I'm sorry but you'd figure that the Mark of Mastery would actually have a better name. Such as Kingdom Hearts: Mark of Mastery or something. Yes I know, it says Kingdom Hearts 3D but to me, I'm sorry I'll wait for more information to be released before I go thinking the Mark of Mastery is KH 3D on the 3DS. I'd rather have it on the tv in my PS3 than on a small 3DS screen any day.

11. Smile

The most popular theory, and most likely in my books, is that it was purely just to show off the things the 3DS can do. I hear that Nomura confirmed KH3D to take place AFTER Coded. I guess Nomura didn't want to give anything away yet but was still asked to do something to showcase the 3DS.
    I think it is because all of the current new games (Days, BBS, Coded) are all preparing and leading up to KH3 and having Sora and Riku become true Keyblade Masters will be the last step in this very long set of preparation and build-up games. KH3 hopefully will come after 3D, hopefully.
    Not a bad plan to be honest. I am just speculating, tis all.
    True that, despite me not having a PS3 yet and preferring handhelds for their portability (is not a big fan of remaining in one place for long when playing games)

Overall, I think the Mark of Mastery will be the last step to preparing Sora, and Riku, for whatever hell Xehanort is going to raise in KH3.

12. factwithinfiction

Well it was just a preview to show off that there IS a game being released. How many parts from the early trailers from Birth by Sleep have actually made it to the end product? How many times has Aqua's outfit been changed during development? Nomura said himself that this was just a demo and there will be more changes along the way.

So Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories should be changed to Kingdom Hearts: Castle Oblivion? Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days into Kingdom Hearts: Organization XIII's story? The subtitles to side stories are always ambiguous so its no surprise that this one could mean just about anything.

Obviously these are just theories to the game but at the same time I think its obvious to speculate that the next game will have a big focus on the Mark of Mastery. Saying it won't be in the next game is saying Yensid is wrong...and Yen Sid is NEVER wrong.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kingdom Hearts 3DS will not be Mark of Mastery. End of story. I'm never wrong just as Yen Sid is never wrong :slight_smile:

14. factwithinfiction

People said the same thing when they thought Aqua was dead.

Just sayin.:grin:

But again all of this is just A THEORY. I'm predicting all of this based on the Coded secret ending, what was shown in BBS with how Yen Sid trained Mickey, and what was said at E3's showcasing. For all I know, their Mark of Mastery test could be finding Aqua.

#114 factwithinfiction, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I understand that, but here's an interesting thing to also consider. When have the secret endings necessarily predicted the next game. What I mean is this:

Kingdom Hearts secret ending predicted KH2, but KH COM came before KH2.
    Kingdom Hearts 2 secret ending predicted BBS, but 358/2 Days came before BBS.
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep ending is predicting...something, and Re:Coded came after it
    and then KH Re:Coded predicted something, and now 3DS is going to be released at some point soon.

What I'm saying is every game ending that has predicted the next game has had a sorta interlude game between it. And what I can't help but think is that the secret ending of both BBS and Coded are linked ("Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts.") and are predicting the game that will come AFTER 3DS.

Also just one other thing to consider. Every single MAJOR Kingdom Hearts game has taken place on Sony games. KH and KH2 on PS2, and BBS on PSP. While the minor sort of games, I call them minor simply because they're generally sort of games to keep fans busy until a major game comes along, has taken place on Nintendo. Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days were put between games to keep us busy. And while I know, CoM was released on PS2, it still was more something to just put in between. And now both Coded and eventually KH 3DS will be on Nintendo DS/3DS, meaning to me, they're minor games. Hence why I'm saying, if they're going to do the Mark of Mastery exams, it will most likely be on a Sony system and be a massive game (and I really hope they put it on PS3 so the graphics will just be amazing).

And for those who say "awe, but I don't have a PS3", hey, this is Kingdom Hearts people. I bought a PSP specifically for Birth By Sleep. And by the time a PS3 KH game comes out, I can tell ya know, the PS3 probably be like going for 200-250, around the same price I bought my PSP for.

Just sayin.

#115 Revan, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  16. Smile

Very interesting, never noticed that.
    The Mark of Mastery Exam isn't that massive you know. I mean look at Birth By Sleep, the actual exam is a very small part of the game.

17. factwithinfiction

Actually its being severely implied that Kingdom Hearts 3D is going to be the next major release in the series. When has Square Enix been predictable on anything anyway?

Despite the mark of mastery being a small part of BBS, it can be used as a focal point in 3D. Because its Sora and Riku, the characters that are destined to save the World that are taking the test, not other minor characters when we look at the big picture. We wouldn't have gotten that secret ending in Re:Coded if it was just going to be the smallest part of the game.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm........I can bet you anything, Final Fantasy 15 will be out by the end of 2011/first quarter of 2012. That predictable enough? lol

19. factwithinfiction

Yeah because they had already set a date for it :lol:

Its like saying I can predict BBSFM is going to be released with Monstro and Eraqus' sentiment as a new boss.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just letting you know, I didn't know they had already set a date for it. I'm just saying, you saying Square Enix isn't predictable is false.