1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just venting

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BookDragon, May 7, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UGH....

Sometimes people who mean well are worse than the people who hate you, for no other reason that I feel like I can't tell them off!

When I went to work last the guy I work for said this to me.

"So I was thinking, and there's that person on the market. I think she's had the operation. Or operations! Do you know who I mean *describes the person*. Do you think she has?"

Yes, I know exactly who you mean, and no, I have no idea if she's had any operations. I know she's trans but that's it. I don't know and I don't want to know. More importantly, I have no intention of speculating about it either!

I know the guy means well but god it's annoying. To make matters worse I can't even tell him so because he kids are around and I don't want to end up losing my job for arguing with 'dad'.

2. Manta

(*hug*)

That's no fun, I'm sorry that happened.

Perhaps you can politely let them know it upset you the next time you meet? I don't really know your working relationship, but if you are gentle about letting them know those questions upset you and they really didn't mean any harm by them it may help?

I've had similar things happen to me, and feel your pain (*hug*)

I don't really know how to make you feel better besides cracking unrelated jokes as a means of distraction.....

"I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look who's telling me that."

"If you want to catch a squirrel, just climb a tree and act like a nut."

"What kind of shoes do ninja wear? Sneakers."

"What do you call a big pile of kittens? A meowtain."

"Pampered cows produce spoilt milk."

"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care."

"Dry erase boards are remarkable"