1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BabyBoy, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I can personally say that I've really only been attracted to one black guy in my life, probably cause the rest I see are gathered in groups and stare at me and snicker when I walk by. Being a pretty small guy at 120 lbs it's pretty scary living in Carrick, PA. There are lots of shootings and constant bums, most of which are done by our black community. I'm one to defend myself but I can't really do anything about it there, the fear of them drawing a weapon on me is too great so I chose to just ignore it and continue living my life. I've also had black roommates in the past, and they stole about $3000 of my stuff, stuff I needed for school too. I suppose it was just foolish of me to trust them to watch my stuff while I took a much needed break from school with my family. The police didn't do anything about it either. I actually trusted them and to have them betray my trust for a few dollars certainly broke my spirit. In short I have to say that I honestly have lost a lot of trust for black people as a culture, based on my personal life experiences. I also have many racist friends in Ohio and relatives in PA who are racist as well.

But at the same time I realize that every one is their own person. No one can choose how they are born or what they are born into. I have also had black friends that are honest and loyal, disproving any notion that all blacks are shady.

I wouldn't mind dating a black guy as long as I was attracted to his looks and his personality, just the same as a white guy or an Asian guy etc. Even though I was raised in a racist community, I am not racist. I am much too smart for that! I also wouldn't care what people thought of an interracial gay relationship, fuck them for being so judgmental. Who knows, if I turned down someone based only on their race, that could have been my soul-mate, ya know? (*hug*)

2. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there's abolutely nothing wrong with interracial relationships. I would never discriminate or dislike anyone purely because they're of a different race than I am.

3. SkyTears

I have no issue with interracial relationship. Both my dad and aunt almost married someone of different race and they helped me learn there is nothing wrong with them. Most of my crushes though seem to be on those of my own race but there are sometimes when they aren't.

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I think that it's horrible and shameful that such racism still exists in the world. I am as happy to see an interracial couple as I am a gay couple, or a person with a transgendered person, or indeed people in any sort of combination at all (as long as adult and consenting of course).

5. SkyTears

I was thinking this when I read the post.

6. BabyBoy

A little surprised, seeing that come out of you. Wasn't expectin that. :icon_sad: ....Well...a lot surprised, actually. :dry:

But anyway.... -_-

I love all races, because I don't understand how color or race could ever make me look at someone differently. Their skin color determines NOTHING about them.

7. lostinthought9

I really dont see anything wrong with dating someone outside your own race...BUT...i was however raised that you stick to your own race or w/e, but i was also raised to be straight, and look how well that turned out lol...anywayz, yea i dont usually find anyone outside my race that i have/had crushes on....that's my view on it, and im sticking to it...

8. step49x

I don't have any problem with interracial couples. As for me, I find certain races more attractive than others. I can't see myself dating anyone black, though I have grown up in areas with mainly white, middle class suburbanites (and very little else). I like white, though I think Mexicans can be kind of cute, as well. I don't know, I'll probably just wait and see what life throws at me.

9. CelebrityHead

No problem here either. I don't really have anything more to say.

10. LorenzG1950

I’ve been living in an interracial, international relationship for about 18 months. We also have a non-trivial age difference. Sometimes I really forget that not everyone is accepting or tolerant (that can be dangerous in the wrong neighborhood). My boyfriend has had to hear a few remarks that were not very kind, everything from “trick” to “call boy” at some of the gay bars we used to frequent. I tell him to ignore the jealous jerks but he can’t seem to :tantrum: . That causes some friction between us which annoys me :dry: .