1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just getting my thoughts out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CuriousKitty16, Apr 13, 2018.

1. CuriousKitty16

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I made a post awhile back about dating a woman who’s still closested.

Backstory without bumping the old thread:

She comes from a very religious background, comes from a judging family. She has had internal struggles with herself and her sexuality for years because of her religion and family.

I met her a couple years ago while she was starting to explore her “other side”. We went on some dates. Sexted a little bit. Afterwords she would always tell me how guilty and shameful she was feeling for doing all of it. Her constant conflictions were starting to hurt me because I liked her and I wanted to be with her. I decided she needed to figure it out on her own so we mutually stopped talking to each other and I moved on.

She got ahold of me in January and we started catching up. Went on some dates in February. Sometime during that month her sister noticed we were spending a lot of time together and made a comment about her “going lesbian”. Well this freaked her out big time. She got weird and we broke it off.

A couple days later we worked it out and started dating again.

Everything was cool until her sister started her shit again with her. Pretty much forced her to come out. This really did some emotional damage. She felt betrayed and bullied by his sister. When she told me what happened i knew our time together was probably coming to an end.

She said we were ok, but I knew that this was too much for her to handle. She got distant and I knew something was up. She told me God has a different path for her and we broke up.

We stopped talking for a few days. Slowly we started talking again, but things were different. She told me that right after our break up her sister told her parents about us. Again, she felt extremely betrayed and hurt by her sister. So then she had to deal with talking to her parents about her “same sex attraction”. She told them we had been together but she’s going on a different (the straight) path. I think that’s what she thought they wanted to hear- maybe it made it a little easier to say “yes we were together, but I’m no longer gay” or however it may have went down.

Tomorrow will be a month since we broke up. I saw her last week for the first time and she said her feelings for me are still there. I told her so are mine for her. It’s not just a switch you can turn off.

We have both had such a hard time with the break up. Mainly because neither one of us wanted it to happen, but because of circumstance it had to. We both care about each other a lot still and by what we’ve talked about the last few days, I think there’s a chance we could have a future sometime down the road.

We are going to hang out later today. I know we have a lot to discuss, but I hate expressing my feelings and the vulnerability that comes with it. I do need to hear her true feelings as well if we are going to heal and move forward.

I’m actually feeling anxious about seeing her today. I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Thanks for reading. I just had to get this stuff out.

Miri likes this.