1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a random stupid question- sorry

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by ATtappman, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ATtappman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How do you make it so that you can post threads anonymously?

sorry for asking, it's just not obvious to me...

2. Armin

There's like this section in the forum in which you can post threads anonymously, and it's the 'Anonymous Discussions' part. Haven't utilized it yet, though. You might go and check it out. You don't want to post on there immediately after this, however, as people would know it's posted by you! :grin:

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, if you go to the Anonymous Discussions section, you'll see that we also have Anonymous sub-forums for Physical and Sexual Health, Sexual and Romantic Orientation and Gender Identity and Expression.

Go to post anywhere in the Anonymous Discussions or above sub-forums and you'll notice a box saying "Make Post Anonymously". If it's checked (which it is by default), then when you click "submit", your post/thread will be anonymous. :slight_smile:

4. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wondered why we don't just have the ability to post anonymously in the actual forms?

I realize it's probably easier to moderate when you keep them separate, but I feel like you won't get as many views/replies/support with the forms being separated.

Anything in the V-Bulletin software that would allow the staff to filter out anonymous posts so that they could be monitored but still stay in the main forms?

I appreciate the anonymous forms/feature but this separation from the main forms makes me feel it is less effective. :shrug:

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey JB2015, actually we do have that feature! :slight_smile: If you post in one of the anonymous sub-forums, for example: Anonymous Gender Identity and Expression, it's mirrored to the main Gender Identity and Expression forum and will appear as if posted there (anonymously, of course).

6. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

7. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be perfectly fair, unless you have pictures of yourself or revealing details linking to your persona in your account page, your account is already anonymous. None of us know who you are.