1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jobs For Male Crossdressers?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi guys,

Curious if you guys know of good jobs for men who might hypothetically want to dress up as women on the job (but don't want to change their gender)

Thoughts that occured:

1. Crossdressing Model?
    2. Drag Bar/Restaurants?
    3. Working From Home?
    4. LGBT Center?
    5. Fashion Design?

I dunno, just thoughts of the top of my head... Curious everyone's thoughts.

kushi likes this.
  2. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, wouldn't it be great if the whole thing was more about fashion sense and less about gender...

3. Zoe Kay

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, it is a form of gender expression for them so let's please not be so harsh.

JaimeGaye likes this.
  4. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's harsh but deep down I betz you agree with me.

5. Zoe Kay

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I don't. We're all part of the same spectrum and if we can't support and understand each other then we're just as bad as the cis people who cast us out of their social circles.

6. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    CIS people, here's my point from my perspective and actual experience and how it relates to the original post and question.
    I knew/know a straight cis crossdresser whom at the time I made the incorrect assumption was Bi and we had this approximate conversation,
    "Hi Jaime, hey I want to come over and model for you tonight>"
    "Great, when you're done we can sex it up a bit!"
    "Uh, I just wanted to model for you."
    "OK but if you look hot I'll want to F you I'm sure baby."
    "No, I'm not into that."
    "OK, I'll S you then or you can F me, even stay dressed if you want."
    "No No NO, You don't understand! I'm STRAIGHT! I just wanted to show you how good I look dressed as a woman."
    "Oh,,, listen, I'll take a passer on the offer because I'm not sure how well I can control my urges seeing you displaying like that."
    This is EXACTLY what the straight identifying original poster is going to experience in a work environment, especially one involving the LGBT community, men will hit on him and he will reject them so what exactly is his real purpose other than to present as what he really isn't?
    Does he hope lesbians will hit on him with the plan that he can set up some fantasy threesome?
    Who knows? Maybe there are bi girls who will if that is his goal.
    As I said in another post, there IS racism and bigotry in the LGBT community and I confess I am as guilty as anyone else of having aversions to certain expressions of identity and the whole concept of a "Straight" crossdresser has always struck me as either an underhanded means to an end goal or a state of extreme denial.
    Forgive me seeming harsh but I've spent five decades as a gay fem male dealing with the B.S. from both sides of the spectrum and anybody who really knows queens knows we tend to be a hardy point blank lot.

7. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What does straight cis mean? Sorry, i'm new to these terms in LGBTQ. Can one just say female or male since if female liking same sex, she will be called lesbian, or with male liking male then gay?

8. Cody18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cis = someone who is/identifies with the gender they were given at birth. Essentially the opposite of being transgender, the person is cisgender.

In this instance you can't just say lesbian or gay as it's talking about gender not sexuality. The only mention sexuality had was the straight/heterosexual part.

9. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ZackLee
    There are cis Gay Men, cis Lesbian Women, and cis Heterosexuals
    The rest of us stroll around looking for the label we can stamp on our product.

10. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, it's a shame that there is fighting, even within a community that would certainly benefit from uniting. If one can empathize with the needs and desires of gays, lesbians, transgendered, genderqueer, and everyone- then one would hope to get the same respect in return. Regardless of the way crossdressing is perceived.

It's totally reasonable to want gender expression as a woman, without wanting to go to the extreme of taking hormones, or altering the physical body/identity. Everyone is different.

So going back to my original question- wondering what jobs are good for crossdressers.

#10 Snidi, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Mihael and Zoe Kay like this.
  11. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The ones that pay you the most moolah for the show up and work.

12. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm no expert, but the only thing coming into my head right now would be perhaps ..a female impersonator? like the ones you see in Vegas, or just regular shows ..they might perform in bars, clubs etc.

JaimeGaye likes this.
  13. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks and thanks JaimeGaye for that :slight_smile:

How about entertainers? It could be in front of the cameras, or at amusement parks like those entertainers at disneyland and at universal studio.

JaimeGaye likes this.
  14. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The OP is asking what jobs for straight crossdressers and to be honest the only "Job" that you, I, and Closet Shut can think of that will create the least controversy is indeed as a working drag queen in a respectable venue though as RuPaul has so wonderfully shown the world, getting to the point of being good enough to actually make ones transvestism camp enough to earn a living from is no easy task for the timid.
    It requires a huge amount of work and dedication to the craft and as is so often the case, the income earned is no where near in league with the performers professionalism in the field.

#14 JaimeGaye, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  15. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you mean that you would e. g. perform a female character or a job in which you could crossdress if you wanted to, on a daily basis? In the latter case, I guess you could look out for LGBT friendly workplaces or just jobs in which you are not obligated too keep a certain image to represent the company, or with more free dress code. I don't know what kind of career you're pursuing right now.

16. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A job in a closed space with limited interaction with people who don't know you. Work in a lab, a writer, work from home, etc. Even a high tech job in a startup could work if you talk to the people that work with you ahead of time and find out if they are ok with it. In general, you need fo find a work that everyone around you is accepting, as if even one person is hateful, the tensions can be extremely destructive. As it is just clothes, there is very little upside to crossdressing in a work environment beyond jobs that are specifically taylored towards presentating in a certain way such as being an actor or a drag queen. However those jobs tend to lead to objectification and as a straight guy might be extremely uncomfortable for you.

#16 Eveline, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  17. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanted to add:

I think the key is to be extremely friendly and very open with everyone that works with you. If the environment is accepting, it might also help ward you from discrimination by outside people because people will stand up for you.

Other jobs that might be suitable are human rights style jobs that inherently draw to them very liberal and accepting people. However, you still need to make sure that everyone is accepting and talk to people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.