1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job interview

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Jul 15, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I have a job interview tomorrow morning and i'm so scared. Actually i think i'm afraid of getting the job and not be able to do it. I feel like there's not much that i can do right. And of course i am nervous about the interview ! Any advice ?

2. BiPenguin

Breathe. :slight_smile:

Just be yourself and breathe. All the best.

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Calm down. Cross your T's and dot your I's. Begin the interview with a positive attitude, a positive start will help immensely. You can do it right. The most important thing is to believe in your ability, Believe in yourself. Good luck.

4. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I'm not a very positive person but i will try to believe in myself, easier said than done though

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's the thing. If you are feeling uncertain, that will show.

I would recommend that you practice your answers to the standard interview questions (check any website on this) but with the attitude that you are sure of what you are saying. You need to know what you know with complete confidence! That is a sign of strength.

The most basic question is why you want to work there. Do you have an answer? If not, you need to figure that out (with strong and definite answers, no mushiness!) and the way to do that is to know the company you are applying to. Find out as much as you can about them. It's a bonus if you find they have a problem that is difficult to solve. Could you solve it? Even if what you propose is something they've heard a thousand times before, they will be impressed that you thought about it.

There are even websites on body language, there is a right way to sit and a wrong way. look that up too (and for heaven's sake don't cross your arms, LOL!)

Best of luck!

6. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Surprisingly i was pretty confident during the interview. I got the job, with one month of trial first, starting thursday. Of course i am still nervous and wondering if i will do it right or not but that's normal i guess.