1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jealous of couples

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsolitaire, Jul 16, 2013.

1. bsolitaire

So I had a massive crush on this woman I admired. She's intelligent and successful. At first I thought she could be gay until I heard she's married. It turns out she met this guy at the first year of her college. They've been together for so long...and then I got jealous. Both of them are successful and love came easily for them....

How could it come easy to some people like them? Meanwhile, Im in my mid 20s...never met anyone, just one unrequited 'love' after another....

Im becoming bitter--and they make me wonder if there's something wrong with me..

anyone ever felt the same? How can I get over this?

2. That's normal, I feel the same way all the time. I've never been in a relationship, unless you count that I dated a girl in high school, but we weren't intimate at all, and it was during that time that I discovered I was gay. Anyway, I guess the only way to get over it is to just focus on the positive, but out of spite for the world I hate having to force myself to be optimistic. It's not fair that situations like this make us so jaded at such a young age, but can people really blame us for being so bitter? We just want someone to love, just like everybody else, but many times it just seems like too much to ask.