1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaw Pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayIsTheWay374, Jun 8, 2017.

1. GayIsTheWay374

Recently, my jaw is hurting a lot (on the left side). If I push on it, it feels better but once I let go it feels better. Ibuprofen helps it for about 30 minutes. If I pop my jaw, it feels a lot better but once the pain comes back, it's even worse.

Could this be my wisdom teeth coming in?

I am going to the dentist at the end of this month and I will check with them then, but I want to see if I could get an answer as of now.

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is the pain constant? Does it only occur when you've been eating or chewing? Is the pain getting worse?

If this is a constant pain, and nearly continuous, and especially if it's escalating, then you can't wait until the end of the month. It could be a tooth problem, such as an infection, and waiting a couple of weeks would be a bad idea. You should call your dentist in the morning. It could turn out to be nothing and goes away in a couple of days. But at least you'll know.

Don't wait until it becomes an emergency situation. All pain is a signal that something's wrong.

Take care, please. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes, better be safe now than sorry later on.
    And the longer you wait, the more you have to pay if it's serious.

4. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since it can feel better when the position changes, it could be an alignment sort of problem that a chiropractor can fix. (Could also be something in the muscles and other connective tissue). I have a lot of problems with my jaws. I've had some help from dentists too, but not as much as the chiropractor. Another sign is if you have shoulder/arm pain on that side -- there's a nerve to the arm that runs behind the jaw.

5. GayIsTheWay374

The pain gets worse throughout the day and goes down when I wake up in the morning. Yanno? Glad you pointed out that all pain is a warning sign because a lot of people don't realize that.

Of course.
    Okay. That could be it.

6. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be sure to make sure there isn't a dental or infection issue. Another thing it could be is unconsciously clenching your teeth while awake or asleep due to stress. This will strain your muscles in your jaw(s) causing pain.