1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've never had an interest in sex

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jon99, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Jon99

Literally whatsoever now that I think about it, not with women or men. Whenever people I knew talked about sex, or crushes on celebrities or people at school, I just never understood it, almost alien. I've felt attraction to some people of both sexes though, does this mean I'm asexual? Demisexual?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you have felt attraction, then you aren't asexual. Demisexual has no scientific proof, and is a descriptor than a sexuality itself. Some people take longer to be interested in sex or crushes.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really that interested in sex either, but I still identify as a sexual since I feel attraction to people. -shrug- Just easier to explain.

4. That's good if you've felt attraction to both sexes. Your attraction for someone won't change. But for
    Some people sex just isn't a big thing. It doesn't mean your not going to try it or do it. I'd explore yourself and continue on with your life the way it's going :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most likely you're just a normal guy, on the low-but-normal end of the spectrum of sexual arousal/excitement. You don't say how old you are, but if you're still in your teens, you may simply be one who is a bit of a late bloomer, and sexual arousal and excitement will increase for you in coming years. Do you masturbate fairly regularly? If so, do you feel arousal and excitement when doing so?