1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been chasing a guy that doesn't even know I exist, for over 6 months

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GrayAkashi, Oct 11, 2017.

1. GrayAkashi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Probably a cliche, but I still need help and would be grateful.

In the past year I've come a long way. More confident in myself, I signed up for international exchange and finally, now I'm in the US enjoying my last weeks.

Before I came to the US, I got an app just to meet some people. I thought there can't be anything wrong with talking to others and getting some friends before I come there. At least I could have someone to hang with.

Anyway, I match with a guy and we talk for some time. It's nothing much, he replies with short answers and seems like he's not really interested in me as much as I am in him. After a while we stop talking and I delete the app. When I decide to try it again in some time, we match yet again as well and I honestly thought he might want to get to know me. I don't know why he would like me twice. He breaks the news to me that he's actually moving away (Like 2 or 3 hours drive). I felt crushed. I don't know how to explain it. I thought this guy was handsome but I barely knew him and I was sad and angry he's moving because of a new job. I didn't wanna give up so I suggested we could talk anyway and he agreed. We even exchanged numbers, texted a bit, before he disappeared again. When I asked him if he's still there one day, he replied in the rudest way that no matter how much I write him he doesn't see the texts.

Here I am, overseas. I enjoyed every second of my exchange, meet so many people. But all this time I was still thinking of this guy. I need help. I think I like him even tho he doesn't know I exist. Even tho he never gave a cent about me. How can this be so? Over 6 months, including before I came here and my time here and I can't get over him.

I wasted so many opportunities because I was thinking of him. So many guys that wanted to get to know me. Just because of him. And I'm so obsessed that I'm still thinking of a way to get to know him more. I don't know if this is because we are only 200 miles apart rather than when I'll go back and we'll be 4000.
    It's sad and I need help, because no matter what I can't come to a conclusion.