1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's happening.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Thank you all for the support! <3 ^-^

2. MissNicole

Well done for doing it! I hope it all works out~

3. thepandaboss

Congrats on taking that step. Hope your mother comes around but it is nice to see that she's open to gender therapy. It may take her some time but that right there tells me she's open to at least coming along.

4. Natasha Elyssa

Yeah that's what she said. She didn't understand and didn't know what to do. She doesn't want to hear anything from me, she wants to find a gender therapist herself and listen to him/her only. She also refuses to go to LGBT centers, as she doesn't want to trust them she "doesn't know those people" and she is confused. I hope that taking me to a gender therapist will help her understand. Thanks for the support guys! <3 :slight_smile:

5. FootballFan101

Hopefully

6. Jalo

Jalo Guest

The gender therapist will certainly do the job of convincing her to listen to you.

7. Natasha Elyssa

I really want her to not only listen to me, but listen to the facts. I also hope that the therapist would be able to convince her to help me and let me transition. She also says she's worried about my safety, and how my dad would react, etc. I honestly hope that this helps! <3 :slight_smile:

8. FootballFan101

Hopefully they do convert your mum to be a supporter of you as a girl

9. setnyx

my mother reacted alot like that. thankfully things are so much different now. thanks to places like this & more education across the board. you have the support i didn't. stay strong & don't let anyone stop you from being you.

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom reacted very much the same, claiming to be worried for my well-being, and also that the Internet has created a fad in which everyone will be transgender "to look cool." Things could have been much worse, but I still didn't like the way she thought I was doing things for attention (she should know me better than that, as her kid). Anyways, I've been through some rough patches with her, but we're on better terms now and it hasn't been that long since I came out to her. So don't worry too much about your mom, just give her the time she needs and be very patient.