1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It would be nice to have just 1 anxiety free day

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Pete1970, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Pete1970

I wish there was one day where I didn't have to think or worry about anything, to not lay awake for hours before falling asleep. To not feel tired all day.

Some will say go for walks, listen to music, workout, but when I do these things It just gives me more time to think about things.

Drinking just leads to feeling worse the next day.

I dont have access to enough drugs to make a difference.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As someone who is very anxious too,a successful workout routine always gets my mood up and clears my head,it doesnt last all day but if you can arrange something for the morning it can actually help a lot.
    Try to work out maybe before sleep too,or masturbate.
    It always works for me :grin:

3. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel you completely.

Workout has done miracles for me. I started running couple of months ago. It saved me! It won't eliminate the anxiety, but it will reduce it significantly.

Be around people you like, laugh, go out... Don't drink too much alcohol, a glass or two on a weekend is enough.

4. SpaceOddity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be riddled with anxiety to the point of tremors. Being physically active is hugely important and definitely don't self medicate with alcohol. I made that mistake for a couple years and had to go through about 4 months of alcohol withdrawal, medication free. Imagine the worst anxiety you can feel and multiply that by ten. Not fun.

If you feel like you're going to have a panic attack, the first thing they told me in the ER is focus on your breathing because if you don't, you run the risk of accidentally hyperventilating and passing out. So long deep breaths in through the nose, out through the mouth. Then start to hyper focus on minimal things around you, anything to stop you from focusing on your thoughts. Anxiety and panic attacks are the body's flight or fight reaction going into overdrive. It's an excess of adrenaline going to the heart but when you're able to practice these things the greater chance you may have on controlling your anxiety.