1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Was Great, But Now I'm More Confused Than Ever!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miiaaaaa, May 11, 2014.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    So yeah, I've come back from the conference, which was amazing! 2 full days of presenting as female was definitely something I needed to do, and I'm very glad I did it! But it's left me rather confused...

...Basically, I feel a lot better about myself from the time spent there. Something about no-one giving a damn regardless was amazing. But I'm starting to feel like I could possibly be happy being a cis-male. Presenting female the entire time, despite the nerves initially, never really felt any different than presenting as a guy. Both were kind of natural. It's left me thinking if transitioning is actually something beneficial for me, or whether it means I'm actually trans* in the first place. Is it really worth all that time and effort for no noticeable change?

I'm just very confused, and would really like your input. :slight_smile:

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ask the same thing of myself all the damn time. You don't seem dysphoric physically, same as me. Maybe it's just social dysphoria? Maybe you just like the option of both genders? Bigender but a preference to be female? I mean that is the best of both worlds.

The problem with that even is the dichotomous nature of gender...

See here's the thing. You don't have to decide or pin yourself down to a label.

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact that you feel so much better from the experience suggests to me that you are trans. I wouldn't really expect it to be super different from presenting as male because you are still you. If I present as female, I get dysphoric but after a while, I could probably do it (and just focus on other things); it doesn't mean anything about gender, only coping.

A question to ask yourself is how would you feel if you could never feel like you did at the conference again?

And the time and effort depends on what you want from transitioning. Not to minimize it but the results for women are very good so, certainly don't let that influence your decision (it influences mine bc the results for guys are another story).

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful... Maybe, could you explain why you feel confused suddenly?

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to put this snippet out there that I sent you.

Think about it.

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's just that for the first time in a while, I feel like I could actually live a happy life as a male, rather than just being apathetic towards everything. Maybe it was just depression in the end.

That being said:
    Do I wish that I was born a woman? Yes!
    Would I transition if a 'perfect' transition was physically and financially possible? Yeah, probably.
    Could I put up with all the stuff that comes with transitioning? I'm not sure I could.

Yes, the thought of transition is scary, but it's mostly because now I'm not entirely sure it's what I want and it would really make me any happier!

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soul searching is a bitch.

And you just said it.

"I wish I was born a woman"

I cannot ever escape that feeling no matter how much I try.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, you wish to have been born physically female. You're scared of transitioning and you're afraid that the results wouldn't be "perfect" and that you wouldn't be happier in the end?

---------- Post added 11th May 2014 at 04:54 PM ----------

^ this isn't something a cisguy thinks...

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically yeah.
    And I kind of figured presenting female would be a bigger step forward than it was. It was basically no different, with the exception that I got to play around with more clothes.

---------- Post added 11th May 2014 at 11:56 PM ----------

ARGH! Why does it have to be though?
    Why can't things just be logical?!

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know, I've said those exact same words to you. And out loud to my friend and therapist.

Mia and I are two kindred spirits more than you know.

10. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bigger step? Ha! My dear, it shouldn't feel like a big step at all, that's kinda the point... :lol: If it had been this overwhelmingly glorious magical experience where you were skipping around because of it, I would be tempted to question your gender, indeed (and perhaps sanity if skipping :roflmao:slight_smile:.

I can't tell you what you experience would be socially but medically, I don't see any issue. You're already a pretty girl (shush it!) so, I can't imagine that the results wouldn't be stellar. Now with being happier, again, it might not change that at all. No one ever said that all trans people are miserable until transitioning... I'm a pretty happy guy but have some issues; having top surgery or even magically turning male wouldn't solve them. Trans or cis, we still have to work on ourselves.

And if you're determined for logic, try a thought chain. You might start with [MAAB] > [Wishes had been FAAB] > [?]...

11. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Maybe you see being a cis-male like a solution, that your life would be better as regards being a girl? But this doesn't mean you're a guy. Maybe you are only afraid to be yourself and you're trying to force yourself to be cis-male because it's more easy?

12. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah and cisguys don't think this way... I'd pick another label because that ain't it. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not a panda. It might be a goose.

---------- Post added 11th May 2014 at 05:08 PM ----------

*nods in agreement*

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just said the same thing myself... but in different words. No matter how much I try to repress it, the desire keeps coming back.

14. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And maybe it isn't just fear. No one can decide your fate for you, Mia. But fear is really common and totally normal and OK. (*hug*)

15. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Damn you Firesmoke! That comment just hit me hard!
    Fricking emotions!! :frowning2:

16. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) so let the emotions come. We're here for you. (*hug*)

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told you it was brutal. I've been asked to stare in the mirror like this.

I fucking know. Tristan said the same thing to me. And I felt like shit afterwards. Because it was true... Jesus I just admitted it.

18. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Gotcha.

I felt the same when I was about 12-13 years old. I dressed very feminine, trying to force me being a girl. "It's more simple if you're a girl. Your mom is happy, you sister and you family as well...And you are also pretty with long hair", I thought.

I tried to do that several times, but then I realised it isn't useful.

Remember, sweet Mia: you cannot change who you are. You can be afraid, you can be lost, you can show yourself as a guy...but if you're a girl inside, this cannot change.

I say it to you with my heart among my hands (it's a common italian ditto) and from my "experience" (if we can define it so).

#18 FireSmoke, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  19. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ is totally adopting you now.

Listen to him, Mia. We all went through times of fear. There are pictures of me at age 11 with make up and in this skin-tight black evening gown; I made a handsome drag queen but that's what it was when I presented female - drag. I tried to silence myself and I used my physicality and dominance as ways to feel good about my lie but it was still a lie, otherwise I wouldn't be here. None of us would be here if we were cisfolk, I don't think.

20. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Damn emotions! Really not used to them! It's a case of what the hell is happening?!