1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It seems like there no comfortable bisexuals on this site?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Omla, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really do not know if I am bi or confused or questioning or what

I know I am human, and I am sexual.

I do not fit well in a box.

I am me. I like me. I am glad to be me.

2. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES! well said
    that's the way it should be :grin:

3. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think we can get all caught up on labels.
    For some things they can help.
    They also give some reason to hate.

I am a male human. I enjoy sex at times. Mostly women. Mostly the one I have been married to at any given time. (divorced)

Some men have gotten close to me. Most were not sexual.

I have made some great friends.
    Seems we have created over the years ways we are supposed to operate,
    and some have not bought into this creation.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <- bisexual right here. Hi. totally comfortable with it. Yeah.

#64 PrinceVegeta, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm? *scratches his head*

I'm bi. Fine with that.

6. usatanhani87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not, I'd honestly rather just be gay or straight, but from reading these posts it seems most everyone else is comfortable with it.

7. flatlander48

The terms are just short hand; perhaps not 100% accurate in all situations for all people, but close enough. The thing is, would you want to go through the above text every time you wanted to convey how things sat for you? Everyone doesn't need the unabridged version, so choosing the appropriate term provides an option. Greater detail can be provided as befits a particular situation.

From what I've seen, often it isn't an aversion to using the terms per se. It is more a reaction to the misuse of the terms by someone with an anti-LGBT agenda...

DeeAnn

8. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bi and comfortable with it too :slight_smile: .

9. flatlander48

I would say that being bisexual is a bit more complicated in that you have a foot in both the gay and straight worlds, but that's about it. Some people will try to tell you to make a choice, but there is no choice to be made. It is just how things sit.

To me, the essence of bisexuality is that gender is less important that the mental, physical and romantic qualities of another person. For heterosexuals, it would seem that gender is the first hurdle to be cleared.

10. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Part of most people's uncomfortability probably comes from the fluidity most bisexual people tend to experience. Many of us becoming more attracted to the gender of a specific person we are interested in.
    (Not true for everyone, but generally pretty common)

I feel pretty comfortable calling myself at bi at Kinsey 4.5/5 now, even though it really shifts a lot it's just the closest label I can come up with. That way when I flirt with girls other people would never get super confused because they think I'm gay, but the people who I do tell (working on the proceeds of coming out to friends now) will realize I'm attracted to guys.

#70 Humbly Me, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
  11. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am more comfortable with being Bi, than my weight or current financial situation.

The only downside I have found is when I go to places where there are lots of people wearing little clothing, like the gym or the beach. Cause I check out everyone. lol

12. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rawrzilla, I love the GIF!!! :grin:

But yeah I often feel a bit nervous about people knowing that I'm bi, mainly because bisexual girls are seen as really promiscuous or fickle. Which makes me uncomfortable because I'm far from that. Maybe that's why I like to identify as queer too?

13. flatlander48

You can't control what others are going to think. What you can do is behave in the manner that you believe is appropriate. That's all we can ever do...

14. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That... me too... lol.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2017 at 01:16 AM ----------

I have to say Kinsey 4-5 is a strange place to be in also. Being straight isn't exactly working, but the incentive to engage in being gay is not enough to change the status quo and get you into the scene.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2017 at 01:16 AM ----------

At least for me

15. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I gave up on not trying to date people. I'm 16 though and my parents don't really think I should be able to date anyone (let alone another guy) so it's a good thing that my parents just kind of gave up trying to outsmart my excuses for things.

Also, I'm kind of upset now. I asked them for a therapist and they said No.

16. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm comfortable being bi. State of mind, self esteem & happiness all are internal qualities, not a result of sexual orientation or preference, in my view. An aspect of the human condition is a general discomfort w our lives, that things are not perfect, so to speak. Maturity is an inner quality here we know who we are, & its ok.

Sorry to be preachy. I used to teach Sunday School - it's part of my nature.

I'm a Kinsey 3. I've always found it easy to find guys to bond with, yet more difficult to find women. Women take more effort, yet for me, offer more reward. I like the yin/yang w a woman, more than the yang/yang w another guy.

My favorite kind of sex is to receive head. A gay friend said to me last night "You like getting head more than being in a relationship". Ashamably I felt truth in his stm. I've found if I focus on sex, I end up where there's not much of a heart connection between us. It's wise to learn from our experiences & redirect if necessary to what we truly want.

17. condorqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because labels mean different things to everyone, it can be very hard for somebody to determine whether or not they "should" identify as bisexual or gay/straight. With some, it can be a very simple process of analysis: I am at least a little bit interested in multiple genders, therefore I'm definitely bisexual. But for others it's harder: I like to sleep with men but would only marry a woman, I'm okay with kissing girls as long as nobody knows about it, I really only like women but sometimes I have crushes on guys. These shades of gray, these intricate details of a person's self, can make it extraordinarily hard to find the exact right definition. Some people are not as hung up on the technicalities and can label themselves with ease, some do not.

For me, I am introspective enough to acknowledge the following: I am only sexually attracted to women, and I am only emotionally/romantically attracted to women. However, I was curious enough about the opposite sex that I experimented with them- I did not enjoy the physical experiences, but I enjoyed the idea of it, and perhaps more importantly I found myself forging close friendships with men; friendships which were entirely platonic but very intense, just enough to make me wonder if MAYBE there could be something there.

I wondered if I were bisexual for quite sometime and even toyed with the label for awhile, this despite the nagging feeling inside of me that no- This isn't right. You love women, you ONLY love women. However, I do feel like some people might view me as bisexual. I have a page liked on Facebook that routinely posts, "Homoflexible and heteroflexible are #stillbisexual." I appreciate the validation they are spreading to those with varying degree of attraction, but for me this isn't true. For me, homoflexibility is #stilllesbian.

One person's kinsey 5 is gay, for another it is bisexual. It is all about identity.