1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It has been a crazy month

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caddyats13, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Caddyats13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It has been a crazy, exciting and scary month since my last post. I went to my first gay event in my city by myself. It was a happy hour and I met so many people in my community. The group is called the Welcoming Committee I encourage to look them up if they are in your city.

Next I end up going to an event where the group takes over a straight club and turns it gay. I had the time of my life it was not my first time in a gay club but it was just so freeing. I finally met some gay friends and the next two weekends went out to the gay club.

Fast forward to this week. I am only out to a small group of friends and decided to go to another happy hour this group was having. When I go there I meet someone who works at my job. I was scared at first because I am not out at work but now it is great because I have an ally at work and he may mention it to people at work taking the burden off me.

Last night I went out to another straight bar take over and had the craziest time. I met these girls from high school so now they know I am gay and will most likely tell a lot of people from my high school and I saw my old friend that I did an internship with. We saw each other and all we could do was hug :smilewave both of us were not out at the time of the internship at least too each other. It made it so easy being at a gay venue and not having to tell someone that I am gay it was just a known fact.

I have always struggled with my looks probably due to gay bullying as a youth but was always told how cute I was. I never believed them until I came out and truly realize that I am attractive. It has been so reassuring going out to gay venues and people telling me how attractive I am, getting side eye looks and flirting with other cute men. Man why did I waste so much time in the closet.

I didn't just do this post to brag but just to update you all and let you know to get out there. I was so scared to go to the event and I went by myself but in a month have made some gay friends, come out to people without even saying a word, and am on track to finding some love in my life. You are ultimately in control of your own happiness. I really encourage you all to find out If the Welcoming Committee is in your town and go to a few of their events.

I have not made this much progress since coming out! (!)