1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It got better

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bludzee, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been quite a while since I have posted here, and I think it's for a simple reason : I have truly come to term with my sexuality.
    If I'm being honest, my life is probably worst now than what it was when I joined this forum. However, I no longer hate myself for being lesbian. I am no longer overwhelmed by shame. I can even say I'm happy to like women. I don't like a lot of thing about myself but I like this fact. That's a really huge step for me and I'm glad to have come so far.

I'm not really active here because I'm terrible at giving advise. But I guess I could just say something positive. Because I think that two years ago, I would have loved knowing that it can get better and that I can be happy even if I'm not straight.

My life is not perfect and there's no way it ever is. But, as I'm living kind of difficult moments right now, I'm glad to remember that I have accomplish that. That I was able to accept myself.

I'm sorry for my english mistakes. I hope everyone will have a nice day :slight_smile:

2. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Bludzee, that sounds really positive. Shame lies at the heart of why so many of us have spent so long in the closet, or in denial. So to not be overwhelmed by it is a step forward.

How are things with your mother? I remember that essentially you're her carer, aren't you?

Hugs, Beth x

Bludzee likes this.
  3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing your inspiring update Bludzee! It's good to read that you have been able to overcome shame to live an authentic life and feel good about it. :slight_smile:

Bludzee and BlueLion like this.
  4. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely agree with your statement that it gets better. Zero mistakes (But I'm not a native either). I really think that your life will get even better, although you believe that it won't. If it goes better within a year, before or after, come and tell us.

Have an extraordinary day full of joy!! :slight_smile:

Greetings from a Spanish neighbour who loves your language and your country.

Bludzee likes this.
  5. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I'm still her carer, even if we have some auxiliary at home. Things are good and her state didn't get worst lately, and that's the only thing I can hope for. Thanks for asking !

chicodeoro likes this.