1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this okay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spot, Oct 19, 2017.

?

Is it okay to confess your feelings for a girl over text?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is like my fourth thread on my crush, sorry! :flushed: But this'll be the most important one...so basically, I told two of my friends that I was going to confess my feelings to her tomorrow. Tomorrow, because it's Friday, I'll have two days to get over any rejection :disappointed_relieved: I know this might be a little hasty but we have three months together tops before she's moving two states away, to a Royal Navy Base (I think it's called that) for four years. And I know that if anything happens, a long distance relationship will be hard and I've thought it over, I tried to get over her and find someone else but I decided I just can't. So, I'll just have to get through it and take it one day at a time. Um...but back to the story with my friends, I told them I'd tell her I liked her. And when I tell someone I'm going to do something, it's like a dare or a promise...like I've bound myself to some contract and it's definitely going down. But the thing is, I'm so awkward around her like I just stutter and forget what I'm going to say...and there's all these weird pauses and as soon as I see her I just freeze and I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and it's just cringeworthy. And I swear I have like these weird tics...I developed the tics a while ago, when my anxiety first got really bad and now they come out when I'm really nervous. They're not super big but they're obvious. So, I was just going to like...tell her over text because then I can plan out what I want to say and I won't sound so stupid but one of my friends said that's a bad idea. Well, actually, she said it's chicken shit but honestly, I thought it was better to do it over text. She said I need to talk to her face-to-face more often but we talk face-to-face maybe every second day and the way I see it, it's okay to text her now because if anything happens, we'll see each other a lot more afterwards anyway. I was going to ask my other friend but they're as socially awkward as me and they've never dated anyone...I thought maybe it'd be better to ask on here since I'd get more opinions. Is it okay to tell her over text or not? And this is my first time creating a poll so hopefully it works. Fingers crossed.

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think so. But it also really depends on the person. I don't think I'd ever say it's "unacceptable". I think if you're dating someone and your first time saying "I love you" is through text, that's a cop out move. My friends and I are very socially awkward. I spied on a yahoo group chat to find out that a friend liked me. xD. I think maybe you're making the comparison to breakup texts which AREN'T acceptable unless it' simply to say reject an offer for a second date.. Other than that, I think texts are fine as long as you aren't awkward about the content of the message.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's fine, but it is more risky. People can choose to simply not reply to texts, which will keep you waiting and anxious. With in person meetings or even phone calls, you get an answer right away.

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I didn't really wait to hear everyone's opinions but it seems like this thread was kinda dead...but I texted her and it was like a paragraph long. I didn't get a text back yet but it's quite late at night anyway. Actually, I haven't checked my messages for maybe an hour or so, there might be a text but I don't know. I'll just wait and see I guess.

5. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be fair, I didn't get a message from my friend who I texted at the same time...saying I was going to text my crush. I guess no one really wants to talk to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's all good :thumbsup:

7. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I guess I'm the only one who said no haha. Honestly it depends on you and the other person and what works for you guys. I don't texting it's the wrong way to do it necessarily, but I'm just a more upfront and in person kind of person lol. If it's a really personal matter, I would rather tell the person in real life. But you guys should do what works best for you :slight_smile:

8. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's okay. Certainly not preferable, but fine. I'm no expert.