1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this chest Dysmorphia?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Airisofparis, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Airisofparis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm currently questioning my gender, and I leaning towards non binary/demigirl/genderflux type label, if it had to put a label on it. Thing is tho, ive have multiple periods of my life where ive questioned my gender but always just thought it was a phase and I'm a girl, theres noithing more.

But after I had a panic attack when someone used my name, I thought I should look into it again lmao.

Sorry, bit of a tangent but my main question is is what I experience chest dysphoria? I have a complicated relationship to my chest. I dont wear bras as I find them super uncomfortable to the point that they are painful and I wear a sports bra to work to to kinda strap 'em down. I dont like to feel them move, I dont like them being perceived. When my anxiety is particularly bad, it feels like my chest is burning and moving at all with make me feel them.

But on the other hand, sometimes i like them. Some times i think theyre cute and I've never had super bad body image issues. Also, back when i was much younger and going through my first gender crisis, i tried really hard to be a boy and would really strap them down, and that made me feel awful.
    So this is where i think im on the gender fluid/flux side of things. Does this sound like dysmorphia?

Any advice or insight would be amazing <3

ps. oml this account is so old aha, not used this is ages

#1 Airisofparis, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023