1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is that a man or a woman? (rant)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mischief, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Two of my friends consistently make comments like this. They stare, giggle and talk to eachother about it. Thing is, they mainly do it when I'm there and I'm incredibly intolerant of it. Both of them know I'm trans, but for some reason think it's perfectly fine to be so blatant about questioning someone's gender. Why does it have such an impact on their life? Is it ignorance? I don't even know - But it for certain shits me up the wall. I went ice skating with the two of them recently, and there was a lovely transwoman of which I was well acquainted with serving the drinks and chips. It's like they just couldn't help but be so overly embarrassing, to the point of which one of them ASKED if she was a man or a woman. Of course, she was offended and to a point so was I.

I dearly adore my friends. But holy :***:ing shit they can be pains in the ass. I've already told them how rude it is, and that it can be incredibly offensive. They never seem to listen. How hard is it to just go about your life? Do you HAVE to say anything!? Ugh.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are some people that think that they have the right to know what sex every person in the world in. I think that a lot of this is caused by society, and the rigid gender rules that most abide by. When somebody breaks them, they freak and this is the result. It's annoying, but there is not much that you can do if you have already talked to them about it. You don't want to appear hostile, otherwise, that could make them continue their behavior.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think they are being deliberately provocative and trying to stoke your fire.

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I get very... passionate about things. My friends all know this, I never really though of it as them shit stirring though. Hmmm :/